From someone who never had a Dreamcast: Hello!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

misha
noob

From someone who never had a Dreamcast: Hello!

Post#1 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:25 pm

Hiya!

My name is Misha, and I'm a relatively inexperienced newcomer to the Dreamcast scene. I became interested in the system within the past couple of years, as I never had one growing up, but I have a strong attachment to games like Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online, and Resident Evil CV. I did play the life out of my Genesis while I had it, though! A Sega gal can't forget her roots and all that jazz.

My interest is primarily driven by a desire to create something for the system. I've heard time and time again that the Dreamcast community is one of the most open and resourceful homebrew communities in the world, and that has inspired me to start digging into development resources and documentation. I have little interest in developing for the latest and greatest hardware, as I share my partner's interest for tinkering with older hardware and electronics. The limitations just make it all the more challenging and fun!

Right now, I'm currently working through a bit of a refurb/rebuild of the Dreamcast my partner and I have, as it's in rough condition and needs some TLC. I plan on giving it the works to get it fully operational and in good cosmetic and working condition again. It is my partner's Dreamcast that she picked up back in 2011, and as she is wont to do, she did some questionable things to it while rooting around in it. While she's not a big Sega fan, I'm hoping that my enthusiasm and affection for the little guy could get her to warm up to it.

I hope to be, at the very least, someone fun to chat with every now and then. It's nice to meet you! :D
"Years ago...I was Chinese. Now, I'm a naturalized Japanese." — Itoi Bukichi

Green Ranger
killer

Re: From someone who never had a Dreamcast: Hello!

Post#2 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Nice to meet you too Misha! Welcome to the forums!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: From someone who never had a Dreamcast: Hello!

Post#3 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:49 pm

I hope you enjoy your time here and our community can assist you in your endeavors.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs