New member, any port recommendations that run on Hardware?

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

JoeMama69
noob

New member, any port recommendations that run on Hardware?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:35 am

What's up, everybody. I'm head over heels for Dreamcast and already have a massively huge collection, looking to expand with some ports or new Indie games. I already have just a couple few indies/ ports.
My favorite Dreamcast games are: Berserk, Pen Pen Triicelon, Power Stone 2, Sonic Adventure 2, Soul Reaver, Floigan Bros.
Generally I strongly enjoy RPGs, Shooters, and anything 2 player.
I typically am not interested in Racing (unless they're exceptionally good), or Visual Novels.
Please post recommendations with a link to the download or source thread (if allowed).

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: New member, any port recommendations that run on Hardware?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:08 am

Ironically, one of the best (if not the) indie games in my opinion is Rush Rush Rally Reloaded. This game truly has it all and is easy to play but hard to master.

The game is pretty much sold out everywhere, luckily there is a reprint coming out soon:
https://www.wavegamestudios.com/shop/ru ... y-reloaded

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#3 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:11 pm

That's a great game Wombat

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:52 pm

I just finished Intrepid Izzy. It's a cute 2D platformer released recently and a very polished game. It's the first indie game I've bought in years and did so because it was clearly more than a port or hack/mod or somebody's side project, but felt more on par with a commercial release.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

JoeMama69
noob

Post#5 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:24 am

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:I just finished Intrepid Izzy. It's a cute 2D platformer released recently and a very polished game. It's the first indie game I've bought in years and did so because it was clearly more than a port or hack/mod or somebody's side project, but felt more on par with a commercial release.

I've heard this is quite good and did intend to get it.

JoeMama69
noob

Post#6 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:24 am

Wombat wrote:Ironically, one of the best (if not the) indie games in my opinion is Rush Rush Rally Reloaded. This game truly has it all and is easy to play but hard to master.

The game is pretty much sold out everywhere, luckily there is a reprint coming out soon:
https://www.wavegamestudios.com/shop/ru ... y-reloaded

Is this only available to buy on disc? There's no digital download for CDI?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:06 am

Only the very latest indie releases get also released as digital download, depending on the developer. That was released originally over 10 years ago.