Gday

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Swankenstein
noob

Gday

Post#1 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:05 am

I'm an Australian PAL DC owner who is working to revive my original DC from 2000. I have a GDEMU, Sakura, and a Wingman SD and I'm currently trying to get GDMenu to compile an SD card with a functional library. I was big into Skies of Arcadia, Soulcalibur, and Shenmue back in the day, and I'm looking forward to exploring more of the DC library.

Lurking these forums I've seen a lot of people doing great work and working together to improve compatibility, functionality, features and accessibility for others. Thanks for everyone contributing in any way, I really appreciate the efforts!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Gday

Post#2 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:03 am

G'day I'm a dc homebrew dev expat from NSW welcome mate!! Dont forget homebrew and indie games and new content not just old retail games .. Dreamcast is still very active..

Anyways great to see another australian on the forum..

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#3 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:20 am

G’day I’m the enforcer and undisputed god on here and will ban your ass if you misbehave (but I’m generally just a big pussy who likes to troll)

Be sure to also check out the members collection section, where you can post piccies of your stuff & setup & the likes :mrgreen:

Welcome mate
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#4 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:37 am

Welcome mr Swankenstein !

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:56 pm

Howdy and welcome mate! Not an Aussie but just an American that always wanted to live there from a young age haha. But am Texan and Australia is like Texas in many ways.

Anyways, this is the best community and you've come to the right place. A gargantuan amount of knowledge is contained betwixed these hallowed halls. And Ian is right, it is all about the community made content keeping the system alive today. We can all agree the retail games were great, but the true heart and soul of this system is kept alive by the amazing dedicated community behind it. New hardware and software is being constantly developed for it and modernizing it little by little. The homebrew/indie/hardware devs are the true unsung heroes of this community and we owe a great deal of debt to them for their selfless actions.

Return to “New Member Introduction”