Hey Guys

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

rinelyran1977
noob

Hey Guys

Post#1 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:48 pm

Hey guys, I'm Rin, and for a little more than 10 years, I've owned my beloved Dreamcast, which was manufactured in July 1999. It's more recently seen a few mods and some essential maintenance work such as changing the power LED from amber to red, replacing the corroded, rechargeable clock battery, and replacing the deteriorated thermal transfer pads. At the moment, I only have Sonic Adventure and the first in the Shenmue series as games, though I do plan on expanding my library eventually, possibly burning a few homebrew games and tools to CD along the way.

As my house no longer has land-line telephone service, I am currently unable to connect my Dreamcast to the internet, and the LAN adapter is well beyond my budget, so I unfortunately will be unable to join you guys in online play, as much as I would really love to. But anyway, I'm quite happy to be here, and I'm also happy to share my Dreamcast experiences with all of you. :D

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Hey Guys

Post#2 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:25 am

Welcome to DC-Talk! I hope you are able to find a RaspberryPi 2 or higher that is in your budget to play online. Having both Sonic Adventure games is one thing I recommend being you already have one. Same thing goes for Shenmue.

Hope to catch you online.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Xiden
Developer

Re: Hey Guys

Post#3 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:39 pm

rinelyran1977 wrote:Hey guys, I'm Rin, and for a little more than 10 years, I've owned my beloved Dreamcast, which was manufactured in July 1999. It's more recently seen a few mods and some essential maintenance work such as changing the power LED from amber to red, replacing the corroded, rechargeable clock battery, and replacing the deteriorated thermal transfer pads. At the moment, I only have Sonic Adventure and the first in the Shenmue series as games, though I do plan on expanding my library eventually, possibly burning a few homebrew games and tools to CD along the way.

As my house no longer has land-line telephone service, I am currently unable to connect my Dreamcast to the internet, and the LAN adapter is well beyond my budget, so I unfortunately will be unable to join you guys in online play, as much as I would really love to. But anyway, I'm quite happy to be here, and I'm also happy to share my Dreamcast experiences with all of you. :D

If you have shenmue you'll be happy to know if you get a dreampi for your dreamcast you can use the shenmue passport disc online features ;) same with sonic adventure!