Hello Dreamcast enthusiasts

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Snake79
lithium

Hello Dreamcast enthusiasts

Post#1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:20 pm

Hi,

New member here from the UK, and a Dreamcast owner since 1999. It's my favorite games console and I still play it today.

I've recently made the transition from original Dreamcast hardware to optical emulation with MODE after my GD-ROM drive needed replacing for the second time. As I am not technically proficient beyond swapping disc drives, I decided to have a custom built Dreamcast with all the common mods and DC Digital HDMI output.

Now, 23 years later, I still enjoy playing some Power Stone, Sega Rally 2, Soul Calibur and House of the Dead 2 as I did back in 1999, and hoping to share that enjoyment with fellow Dreamcast enthusiasts.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Hello Dreamcast enthusiasts

Post#2 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:39 pm

I'd love to see some pics of the modern setup you have! Welcome to the homepage of the Dreamcast!

Londinium
dirty sailor

Post#3 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:01 pm

Cheers!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

fukuhara
shadow

Post#4 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:52 am

Hello, new guy here too! Nice to meet you. Also got a MODE. Besides the games you mentioned, are there any you hope to play online? Hope to see you in game!

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#5 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:39 am

man we are getting a lot of people this year nice to see

Snake79
lithium

Post#6 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:53 pm

deluxux wrote:I'd love to see some pics of the modern setup you have! Welcome to the homepage of the Dreamcast!

I hope to take some pictures when I get the chance. My Dreamcast is connected to a Denon AVR for audio which then feeds video to a 65" LG OLED. I've been upgrading AV equipment over the years and the DC has always been part of my setup. Since having the HDMI mod, I think I now have a near perfect Dreamcast for the next decade or longer.

fukuhara wrote:Hello, new guy here too! Nice to meet you. Also got a MODE. Besides the games you mentioned, are there any you hope to play online? Hope to see you in game!

Thanks. My Dreamcast is not online but that's something I want to remedy at some point. How are you online, using the BBA or a Dream Pi?

fukuhara
shadow

Post#7 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:52 pm

I'm using a dreamPi setup via PC-DC server. Raspberry Pi units are tough to get right now, but I'll likely get one of those going eventually.

mrtroy32
shadow

Post#8 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:46 pm

Snake79 wrote:My Dreamcast is connected to a Denon AVR for audio which then feeds video to a 65" LG OLED

omg this sounds amazing! I think I have some new goals for my DC setup

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#9 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:28 pm

A 65" is absolutely perfect for TATEMODE shmups, I definitely want to find a TV wall mount with a swivel feature, spinning the TV around depending on the game is getting annoying

Snake79
lithium

Post#10 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:56 pm

Sorry for my absence on the forums for the last few months. There was death in the family and I was unwell for a while. When I returned to work I had a lot on and didn't have much time or appetite for gaming.

This weekend however I did get the chance to take some pictures and videos of my Dreamcast setup which I will post in the forums.