Just got a dreamcast from thrift store

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

krs123
noob

Just got a dreamcast from thrift store

Post#1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:47 pm

Just got a dreamcast from a thrift store. Model 0, so apparently it doesn't work with a gdemu without modification which is a bummer, plus they're real expensive now. Got a stack of discs burned and a smaller stack of coasters that won't play in the console but will work in an emulator. Trying to find good burnable .cdi's that will play in my old console, cant find soul caliber that works.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Just got a dreamcast from thrift store

Post#2 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:30 pm

The gdrom drive could be worn if the image works on emulator they work on working gdrom drive..

krs123
noob

Post#3 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:12 pm

Thanks for the reply! My stack of working games is taller than my stack of coasters, so i think the drive is still working good enough for now. I found some tips that helped with burning games. Some failed discs using imgburn work good using the right settings in discjuggler:

In the "Advanced" tab.....
Boot games (Games that have 1 track and 1 session on the disc). Use these settings:

Mode 1
Offset 0
Block...2048
TOC....CD-ROM

For games that are self-boot (Games that have 2 or 3 sessions on a disc), use these settings:

Mode 2
Offset 0
Block....2336
TOC......CD-XA[/color]

11) In the "Advanced" tab, there is NO NEED to enable "Raw Writes" or "Overburn CD". But DO enable "Add-post 3rd..."

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:46 pm

Stack of coasters would work on one of my Dreamcasts :) Like i said high LBA low LBA when worn it load towards ether.. Does not mean any of the disks are coasters..