Hello!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

JKD32332
rebel

Hello!

Post#1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:09 am

Hello everyone! I am excited to join the Dreamcast-Talk community! I am from Maryland! I was a child when my mom threw away my Dreamcast *SMH* but now that I'm older, I bought myself another one!! I enjoy playing sports games and my favorite game on the Dreamcast is NBA 2K1 with Allen Iverson on the cover! I wanted to join the community to get a better understanding if I would somehow be able to edit players by giving them headbands and other different equipments, and edit their positions (example: changing Vince Carter from a Shooting Guard to a Small Forward), and etc. I'm very excited about joining and I can't wait to community with you guys!

mxlvxnn
Anarki

Re: Hello!

Post#2 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Welcome! I'm unfamiliar with that game so I can't really answer your question.

JKD32332
rebel

Post#3 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:09 am

Okay well do you think you'd be able to lob/forward the question to another part of the forum to see if someone would have any idea?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello and welcome.

From what I researched, no, you cannot do very much although I do not know what "street mode" is all about, but this does exist. I also found that there is a "Team Sega" that I was not aware of. I have tried this game for about 30 minutes and then put it back into the case...about 12 years ago, sorry.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

JKD32332
rebel

Post#5 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Aw man, so it's not really possible to do even now? Darn that's a bummer. I thought we'd be able to do that somehow. Is texture ripping not possible for that game?

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#6 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:07 am

JKD32332 wrote:Aw man, so it's not really possible to do even now? Darn that's a bummer. I thought we'd be able to do that somehow. Is texture ripping not possible for that game?

I know some people talk about "hex editing" DC games, so that might (emphasis on MIGHT) work, but I don't have any programming experience, so I'm not going to try and assume anything.

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#7 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:20 pm

JKD32332 wrote:Hello everyone! I am excited to join the Dreamcast-Talk community! I am from Maryland! I was a child when my mom threw away my Dreamcast *SMH* but now that I'm older, I bought myself another one!! I enjoy playing sports games and my favorite game on the Dreamcast is NBA 2K1 with Allen Iverson on the cover! I wanted to join the community to get a better understanding if I would somehow be able to edit players by giving them headbands and other different equipments, and edit their positions (example: changing Vince Carter from a Shooting Guard to a Small Forward), and etc. I'm very excited about joining and I can't wait to community with you guys!

Hi there! I see you are from Maryland? Do you still live in that area? I moved deep into Delaware recently. So I'm not far from Chesapeake City. Only ever place I ever traveled to on several occasions before ever even moving was the Baltimore harbor area. Are there any other interesting places to seek out?
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

JKD32332
rebel

Post#8 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:17 am

Radkin wrote:
JKD32332 wrote:Hello everyone! I am excited to join the Dreamcast-Talk community! I am from Maryland! I was a child when my mom threw away my Dreamcast *SMH* but now that I'm older, I bought myself another one!! I enjoy playing sports games and my favorite game on the Dreamcast is NBA 2K1 with Allen Iverson on the cover! I wanted to join the community to get a better understanding if I would somehow be able to edit players by giving them headbands and other different equipments, and edit their positions (example: changing Vince Carter from a Shooting Guard to a Small Forward), and etc. I'm very excited about joining and I can't wait to community with you guys!

Hi there! I see you are from Maryland? Do you still live in that area? I moved deep into Delaware recently. So I'm not far from Chesapeake City. Only ever place I ever traveled to on several occasions before ever even moving was the Baltimore harbor area. Are there any other interesting places to seek out?

I feel like a jerk for never responding, but yes! I still live in Maryland and I actually attend school there! The Harbor is a great place, but also visiting DC is great too!

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#9 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:35 pm

NBA 2K1, huh? I have seen ads for that game on a Dreamcast commercial compilation called "All Us Dreamcast Commercials" or something like that. I could tell that some are fake (even the beginning of the Game Sack Dreamcast video was there! What the--), but all in all, it's a nice compilation, even including some DC commercials I've never seen before!
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Return to “New Member Introduction”