Hello!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

LimitZer0
rebel

Hello!

Post#1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:05 am

Hello everyone.

I have owned a Dreamcast since launch. I have not seriously played it since the early 2000's but I am recently getting back into it. I guess I didn't even realize there was such a passionate (and seemingly polite) Dreamcast scene. I tend to avoid posting in most forums as they are generally not very friendly. Hostile forums led me to create a retro gaming blog where I attempt to make console modding less scary for new/potential modders. Whether I am succeeding or not is another story.

I stumbled across this site while searching for a way to play online multiplayer in Speed Devils Online (I have fond memories of this game). Even though I found out that SDO is not and probably never will be online I purchased an R2020 to try out the online games that are currently working. After spending a week looking for a TLS under $100, I ended up just buying a VOIP router with a 2 phone port ringdown. Hopefully I'll be playing with some of you soon.

By the way, if anyone here knows of an online arcade racing game with gambling let me know.

Anyway, I am very excited to be here. I have a lot to learn about the Dreamcast.
Last edited by LimitZer0 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Online Games: PSO - Nate <20 | Quake III Arena | Toy Racers | 4x4 Evo

YouTube

flamingflimflam
shadow

Re: Hello!

Post#2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:15 am

Hello! I am also new to the dreamcast community and unlike you the console as a whole! It's nice to meet you, once I get my netopia setup I'll be sure to invite you to run some Quake 3 sometime ;)
"I usually drop a dollar or two into UFO Catchers if I'm with a girl. Then I blind her with my skills, and she's like "oh damn, this is a stuffed animal" and the panties drop." -Captain Snarky, 2012

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:30 am

Welcome! And yes this is a very friendly forum! For the most part... :lol: If you get online be sure to check out our weekly games! You can find the schedule here:

https://sites.google.com/site/segadreamcastlive/online
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Welcome! Netopia is great for Planet Ring, 4x4 Evo, Max Pool, Q3 & PSO. We lost Starlancer due to GameSpy shutting down support.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Return to “New Member Introduction”