Hello!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Hello!

Post#1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:26 pm

You may say I'm a dreamer, and I'd appreciate that!

Hi, I'm hudsthinking1999, but just call me Hud. I am a fellow Dreamcast fanatic, just like everyone else on this forum. Ever since January 2014, I was setting my mind on getting a Dreamcast. In fact, I actually wanted a Dreamcast before I wanted a Genesis!

But, that dream had to wait--until August 2014, when I purchased a Dreamcast from a flea market in Dartmouth, NS. It was $80, but I thought it was worth it.

And how it was…even though the game that came with it (Spirit of Speed 1937) is one of the worst games on the planet! (Don't worry, I'll make a whole review about THAT game…)

Eventually, my Dreamcast collection (http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6700) started building--around September, I acquired a copy of Monaco Grand Prix. But in December, it cracked, soooooooo…yeah.

This Christmas, I got one of the best gifts a Dreamcast fan could receive--and no, it's not Shenmue. :lol: I got Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure! Now, Sonic Adventure was the only thing on my list, but Crazy Taxi was a nice addition!

They both came in a box, wrapped in bubble wrap. I was ecstatic to get them, especially since I was such a big Dreamcast fan, as I was for months now!

I also own a Sega Genesis Model 2 completely intact in the box. It even came with the Eternal Champions poster that you got in the box when you bought a Genesis back in the day!

What's even more mind-blowing is that I found it for $25. I found the same thing on Kijiji for $120. :o

Well, that's all you need to know about me. I'm just a fellow dreamer that is dedicated to Dreamcast. In fact, that's why I joined, right? :lol:

I'm also on Skype! Search for "Hudson Rankin" and look for the picture of Einstein sticking his tongue out. If you don't know what I'm talking about, the picture will be at the bottom of this post.

Thanks for reading,
hudsthinking1999
Attachments
Einstein_tongue.jpg
Einstein_tongue.jpg (15.85 KiB) Viewed 5468 times
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Hello!

Post#2 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Welcome to DC-Talk, my Canadian friend. I, at one time, used to live in Downsview Ontario.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#3 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks for stopping by to say hi! :D

By the way, I posted a review of the DC Crazy Taxi port in the Reviews section. You can check it out, if you want. ;)

-Some plebs at IGN

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:21 am

welcome & have a blast
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:35 am

Welcome and enjoy your dreamcast!! :D

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:25 am

@mazonemayu Oh, I definitely will!
@DarkSynbios I definitely do have fun with my Dreamcast. I now play it even more than my original PlayStation!

-Some plebs at IGN

Return to “New Member Introduction”