Just got back into it. My haul so far & future plans.

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

nssone
shadow

Just got back into it. My haul so far & future plans.

Post#1 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:06 pm

Hello. So I'm new here. I haven't touched mine or any Dreamcast in years. I just recently started learning about the few things the DC can stil pull off in these modern gaming times, so I decided to start investing in it again.

• $39.99 SEGA Sports edition black console on eBay with a SEGA Sports edition controller, a Performance memory card and a (completely useless) RFU adapter.
  • $00.00 BONUS the console had PSO Ver.2 in the GD-ROM cavity (was not mentioned in the listing).
  • $23.19 Retro-bit Dreamcast Composite/S-video/VGA Box V2
  • $70.00 used Atlona Technologies AT-HDVIEW VGA to HDMI Scaler as used by Adam Koralik in this video.
  • $20.00 Japanese Dreamcast keyboard (because I thought the transparent plastic looked cool and it's compact compared to the original keyboard).
  • $45.00 2x SD card internal mod
  • $322.53 I may have overpaid a little, but I ended up acquiring not one, but two HIT-400 broadband adapters on eBay (one was a reasonably priced Buy It Now for the JAP version and I expected to be sniped on the other one but ended up winning it instead - oh boy).

Future investments:
  • Japanese mouse (for the same reason as the keyboard).
  • ATA mod.
  • DC rehousing project.

I was a really big fan of Q3A and Unreal and I'd really like to get into the online gaming aspect now that I have these BBAs coming.

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Re: Just got back into it. My haul so far & future plans.

Post#2 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:31 pm

I wish I could go online with my DC. But I have no games that support online play, and tere's only one phone jack in the house, and it's in my parent's bedroom (so the cord would have to run through the living room into the bedroom. My mom hates wires). I'm also having a hard time trying to find an ISP that serves dial-up. I even used the dial-up access number lookup thing on Bell's website, and it still didn't work!

I guess I won't be doing online DC play in a long while. :?

EDIT: The jack is also being used, so I can only play DC online if nobody else is using the Internet. My brothers play online with the PS3 24/7, so that's bad news. :?
Last edited by hudsthinking1999 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Well, Q3, PSO and Toy Racer are the only games available via the BBA (as well as the XDP Web Browser).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Jaynubz
undertow

Post#4 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Nice find on the Atlona upscaler. Going for $300+ online at retailers

nssone
shadow

Post#5 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:18 am

If you're talking about one of these, then yeah you're paying a pretty penny for that. What I actually have is one of these. These things ran about $100 when they were new a few years back. They're perfect for the DC except that now they've become somewhat rare. The one good thing is that most private sellers don't know that what they really have and don't always ask some insane price for them.