Hello from Japan

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Jim Ballard
noob

Hello from Japan

Post#1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Jim. I'm originally from the UK and now based in Japan.

I was a big Dreamcast fan back in the day; I imported one from Japan in 1998 (I was a big Godzilla fan and wanted the launch title, which of course turned out to be pretty rubbish), then eventually traded it for a PAL machine at launch. I'm quite sure my PAL collection and every issue of Dreamcast Magazine is still somewhere in my parents' attic.

Then I moved on and didn't really have time for games in general, but I bought a second-hand Dreamcast in Japan about 2 years ago and have been slowly trying to rebuild a collection.

Until last year I produced a no-budget web show called "SciFi Japan TV" about Godzilla and other Japanese monster movies, interviewing directors, producers and special FX artists and covering some events:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 45D6A05E78

Now I'm eager to produce something Dreamcast/SEGA of Japan related, but it's still very early days. While I was a big Dreamcast fan back in the day, there's a lot I don't know or forgot, and a lot I hope to learn. I met up with Jamie from Dreamcastgaga yesterday and he suggested I join Dreamcast Talk.

Apologies in advance if I ask a lot of basic questions!
Production Manager / Producer
http://www.actvjapan.com

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Hello from Japan

Post#2 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. We are an active community. This includes running our own game servers to do our part to keep the Dreamcast online.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#3 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:42 am

Welcome to DC-Talk! Don't be afraid to ask any questions. The forum will answer them for you, I bet.

You know, even Albert Einstein asked questions... ;)
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Bigboyzs
dark night

Post#4 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:08 am

Hey, im in shinjuku right now. I'm about to head to akihabara.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:23 am

If youre looking for DC stuff These days akihabara is very highly priced and stock is disappearing. Best place to look for dreamcast stuff for good prices is 2nd hand shops that cater to geek goods. Hardoff and Book ECO are great starting places. Over the past few years im finding it harder and harder to find DC stuff here, but try any place that looks to cater to geek goods. Also dont count on something being there later. I once saw Borderdown LE for about 10,000円. I didnt have the cash on me and went back a week later, and of course it was gone. Lost the chance at an ASCII controller that way too :(

Sent from my SCL21 using Tapatalk

Bigboyzs
dark night

Post#6 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:17 am

Nico0020 i went to traders and bought 3 bba's for 87 bucks each. Thats cheap and a great deal. Man they have new release as well. I love it here.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:10 am

oh nice find! I have only ever found a BBA once in the past 5 years, so thats an excellent start.