A proper introduction

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

A proper introduction

Post#1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:27 pm

I'm Mitch. I joined earlier this year.

I grew up with an atari 2600 and a 13" black and white TV. Then moved onto SNES. Just because the neighbor had one for sale. But my parents used to rent a Genesis for me from the local video store. After many years I finally got a ps1. All though by this time well outdated. But not to me.

It wasn't until late in my highschool career (class of 2003) where I met friends into gaming. I grew up in the country. Dad would check to see if the TV was warm when he got home. If it was I was usually booted out side or given chores. But by now I had a truck!

These friends had a mind blowing collection. Laser disks and all. I remember playing 3do and other unheard of (at the time) systems. But the dreamcast really stood out to me! Those beautiful smooth graphics. These great games! And it was affordable.

So I bought one at the only game store in town. And so it began. All though I never had Internet until a few years ago. I soon hope to be online on my dreamcast!

Now I have in my collection...

Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800. The 5200 is pretty much new in box. The glue dried out and the box mint. Controller cables still tied. Cartridge slot only has one scratch.

Original Playstation, Ps1 with Sony lcd screen. Ps2 fatty, Ps3, and Ps4

Nes with power pad and complete power glove. Snes. N64. GameCube.

Xbox and 360

Last but not least, my favorites.

Sega master system. Genesis model 1 & 2. Sega Cd model 2. Saturn and my dreamcast.

I also have lots of random accessories for each. But the best part is my wife to be supports this collection too.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: A proper introduction

Post#2 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:40 am

Hello! I hope you enjoy your time here at DC-Talk. Looking forward to seeing you online.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#3 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:45 pm

I hope to be soon as well. I just placed amy request to have a USB modem moded and soon will be ordering a raspberri pi.

WingMantis
dark night

Post#4 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 am

That's quite a collection Mitch! I thought I had gotten rid of all my Atari stuff but I just found a box in the shed with some games and some specialty controllers.