Dreamcast Live Game Suggestion Thread

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Dreamcast Live Game Suggestion Thread

Post#1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:12 am

Here you can suggest games that you would like to play for future Dreamcast Live competitions.
Last edited by pcwzrd13 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Re: Dreamcast Live Game Suggestion Thread

Post#2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Alien Front, you can see how long some players can drag out the arcade!

You have a few racers posted, you could always do one based on the time trials from the racing segment out of the sonic adventure game (where you'r in the cars). Also other fun racers like Re-Volt or Loony Tunes.

High Score rankings for just about any arcade type game (Expendable) or shmup (Mars Matrix). Maybe something like Marvel vs Capcom 2 best team + top score for variants of the arcade mode?

Minimum time to completion for resident evil games?

I liked the PSO idea that was posted where we hunted for the best %'s on a common item, but that is hard to moderate, and not many people, even those who play PSO, can always have access to these items.

VMU mini game scores?

I think House of the Dead 2 can keep track of some of your stats as you play the arcade mode, or maybe original mode, like deaths / shots / ect. That would be a fun thing to post, maybe with a separation of those using a gun with autofire and not.

The Smash Pack with virtua cop i think is the same way.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Macabre wrote:
Minimum time to completion for resident evil games?

Thats a bit of a tall order lol, it would probably be better to just see what scores people can get in competitive situations, or situations where a score or time is required. A good one I just thought of would be QTE Scores in some of the arcade games in Shenmue.... anyone think that might work?

Also games like Royal Rumble where you could say "how many rounds can you survive" etc... I also thought JSR would be a good one to go with too. but there are probably too many to count lol
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post#4 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:20 pm

It's not really a stretch if your obsessive familiar with the games. I've been able to plow threw nemesis in a little over 3 hours iirc. Time to completion in the older games was a part if how it gave you an overall score for the game.

But I guess it is a bit of a dramatic way to be competitive.

What would be very fun for PSO would be to find a way of recording monster deaths for like an hour run. Say "most rappies killed in 1 hour" with difficulty and character level binds so noone can overpower normal. Other than a video recording although I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do that legit.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#5 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Macabre wrote:Alien Front, you can see how long some players can drag out the arcade!

Good idea, I have the game but didn't think of that.

Macabre wrote:You have a few racers posted, you could always do one based on the time trials from the racing segment out of the sonic adventure game (where you'r in the cars). Also other fun racers like Re-Volt or Loony Tunes.

I don't really want to do anything that would require the player to unlock something. I do have Re-Volt on the poll to add games to the site. I might add Looney Tunes Space Race later as well.

Macabre wrote:High Score rankings for just about any arcade type game (Expendable) or shmup (Mars Matrix). Maybe something like Marvel vs Capcom 2 best team + top score for variants of the arcade mode?

Expendable is a good one. MvC2 I'm sure will be a competition at some point.

Macabre wrote:Minimum time to completion for resident evil games?

Not really one I would consider. I want the competitions to be easy to enter. People can just quickly submit a score/time whenever they like without having to sit down for hours. Plus there would be limited participation since you would have to be able to capture the whole session. Not everyone has a capture card.

Macabre wrote:I liked the PSO idea that was posted where we hunted for the best %'s on a common item, but that is hard to moderate, and not many people, even those who play PSO, can always have access to these items.

Yeah, I don't really think PSO would be a very good game for a comp. There are just too many variants to deal with (Levels, weapons, unlockables, etc...).

Macabre wrote:VMU mini game scores?

Interesting idea but it would be hard to take a picture of the VMU screen. Plus it would cost a mint in watch batteries! ;)

Macabre wrote:I think House of the Dead 2 can keep track of some of your stats as you play the arcade mode, or maybe original mode, like deaths / shots / ect. That would be a fun thing to post, maybe with a separation of those using a gun with autofire and not.

I hope to do this one soon. I thought of it a while ago and added it to the poll. It would be a lot of fun I think.
PSO Characters:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#6 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Wetrix+
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#7 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm

mazonemayu wrote:Wetrix+

Hmmm, that game looks very interesting. I watched a YouTube video of it and couldn't really figure out what was going on. What exactly is the goal of the game?
PSO Characters:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#8 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:55 pm

ok, I'll try to explain with a pic

you basically start with that square down the middle, but its a flat surface. tetris style blocks start to fall from the sky; you stack em & build reservoirs. while you're playing it'll start to rain. the object of the game is to gain to water in the reservoires before the rainmeter (that tube on the right side) fills up completely (water runs off the sides of your construction). every now & then a meteorite will fall dow (see pic), you aim it in one of your reservoires to turn the water to steam, hence emtying em again (& score bonuses) rinse, repeat. but its more tricky than that. every now & then the occasional bomb will fall from the sky, blowing a hole in a wall or even the floor > water meter starts to fill up > 100% = game over. now I hear you think "I'll just make my walls bigger & higher". no such luck; notice the earthquake meter on the left side? the higher you build, the more instable the whole thing becomes. if its maxed out, you get an earthquake & again: game over. so you have to keep balance between building, vaporizing the water & blowing up the stuff you build with the bombs that drop. also every now & the game levels up & gets faster (like tetris)

it sounds complex, but its very easy to pick up & extremely addictive (& frustrating at times :lol: )

I'd suggest longest play (level) or highest score or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W67r94cM ... re=related

We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#9 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:09 pm

mazonemayu wrote:ok, I'll try to explain with a pic

you basically start with that square down the middle, but its a flat surface. tetris style blocks start to fall from the sky; you stack em & build reservoirs. while you're playing it'll start to rain. the object of the game is to gain to water in the reservoires before the rainmeter (that tube on the right side) fills up completely (water runs off the sides of your construction). every now & then a meteorite will fall dow (see pic), you aim it in one of your reservoires to turn the water to steam, hence emtying em again (& score bonuses) rinse, repeat. but its more tricky than that. every now & then the occasional bomb will fall from the sky, blowing a hole in a wall or even the floor > water meter starts to fill up > 100% = game over. now I hear you think "I'll just make my walls bigger & higher". no such luck; notice the earthquake meter on the left side? the higher you build, the more instable the whole thing becomes. if its maxed out, you get an earthquake & again: game over. so you have to keep balance between building, vaporizing the water & blowing up the stuff you build with the bombs that drop. also every now & the game levels up & gets faster (like tetris)

it sounds complex, but its very easy to pick up & extremely addictive (& frustrating at times :lol: )

I'd suggest longest play (level) or highest score or something

I'm usually not a big fan of puzzle games but this sounds cool. I think I'll have to buy myself a copy.
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Wetrix+ is a bit crazy lol, not a bad game though. Can we not have Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 rather than the first? the second is FAR better.... still that's just my opinion and I know, the games are ones that you have, so its cool, but maybe we could have both Tony Hawks?? I think a good game to add might be Super Runabout, that game was insanity and I think your objective a lot of the time was to earn as many points as possible
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc