Competition #9 - Speed Devils (Ended)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Post#31 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:47 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:thanks for the tips etc but I'm not exactly a noob at this game I've completed its story mode several times, its just irritating trying to improve your time when on the second lap I seem to get a really good time right up until when that fucking bus starts throwing shit at me and then I'm just totally fucked. And if it doesn't get me there it gets me on the bridge. I aint doing this one again

Oh no, don't take it like i was saying you was a noob. But from the videos that i have seen your control is not smooth (really twitchy), and this game doesn't go well with twitchy movements. the reason why i am as fast as i am is due to being smooth and knowing where the bad spots in the road are and how to deal with them in most cases (there is a few spots i need to work on with timing and entering the a curve and hitting a few barrels). From the videos you have posted i hear a lot of clicking (almost sounds like you using the D-pad) but are probably just just using the thumb stick like one (aka not using slower smooth movements and transitions and going full tilt with the thumb stick and allowing it to snap back into center). I will end there and not turn this into a lecture.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#32 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:55 am

I'm improving a bit but still not quite there.

I had a couple real good laps and then I got hit by the luggage both times and spun out. I never get hit by the luggage! :(
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#33 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:40 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:I'm improving a bit but still not quite there.

I had a couple real good laps and then I got hit by the luggage both times and spun out. I never get hit by the luggage! :(

Nice improvement. LMAO yeah looks like they tossed it right through the window as well. I use to hate going past the bus. on my first attempt i forgot how to pass it and i got hit by the luggage, it knocked me into the fence and through the track (falling). before that i took the jump (second hill) that's right after the temple bird wrong, used nos and wasn't straight when i used it which caused my to land wrong and when i landed i shot back up and went into orbit.

To me it seemed like the game didn't want me to race after not being played for so long LMAO, all the above happened on the same try/lap

Although you do get your fastest lap from lap two or lap three but those laps are the hardest due to the obstacles (bus).

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#34 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:23 pm

madmax2069 wrote:Nice improvement. LMAO yeah looks like they tossed it right through the window as well.

No, it wasn't on this lap. It was on a couple tried before. I just restarted right after it happened both times. I usually don't get hit by the luggage like I said.
PSO Characters:

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post#35 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:04 am

I would join in but I only own Speed Devils Online. :(
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#36 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:17 am

rjay63 wrote:I would join in but I only own Speed Devils Online. :(

I guess you'll just have to go out and buy a copy then. :lol: Well, I guess you don't HAVE to. Anyway, one of your favorite games, MSR, is currently ahead on one of the site polls. Make sure you go and vote for it if you want to play it in a future competition.
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#37 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Gave it a few more tries but no dice. I had a couple good laps but I messed up both times on that "spiral staircase turn" at the end. That turn is really hard to make without hitting anything.
PSO Characters:

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#38 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Gave it a few more tries but no dice. I had a couple good laps but I messed up both times on that "spiral staircase turn" at the end. That turn is really hard to make without hitting anything.

Yeah, that turn is hard to get right. I usually either try to e brake my way through or go at the sundays driver pace (both seem to work rather well but trying to ebrake around a corner can bite you in the ass). I always tripped (driving into the single ray of light) the Rolling bolder on my first lap so i don't have to worry about it on my second or third lap, because when it hits you it knocks you for a loop and you lose a substantial amount of time.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#39 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 am

I finally did it after quite a few tries! This was pretty much a perfect lap.

PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#40 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 pm

nicely done, fuck trying it again though if you ask me lol, too much of a frustrating time, I broke a controller and vibration pack trying this lol
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc