Page 1 of 5

Competition #9 - Speed Devils (Ended)

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm
by pcwzrd13
Game: Speed Devils

Goal: Get the fastest lap time.

Rules:
Mode: Arcade
Car: Bel Ray
Transmission: Any
Track: Mexico

Options (At track selection screen):
Weather: Any
Time: Night
Reverse: Off
Mirror: Off
Time Attack: Off
Nitro: On
Checkpoints: Off

Achievements for this competition:

Speedy Devil! - Win a Speed Devils competition
Screaming Fast! - Get a lap time of 1:35 or better
Devilish Time - Get a lap time of 1:50 or better
Slow But Steady - Get a lap time of 1:60 or better


How to Enter:

If you would like to enter, please submit the following information on this post or email to dreamcastlivecomp@gmail.com.

1. Dreamcast-Talk username

2. Screenshot or video of your score.

If you don't have a player profile page:
1. Your top 3 Dreamcast games.
2. Live Games that you own (listed here).
3. An avatar you would like to use.

You may submit as many entries as you like for 14 days when the competition will close. There is a countdown timer on the website to show exactly how much time is left.

Visit the site to see how you rank:
http://DreamcastLive.tk/

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:25 pm
by DCUltrapro
hey bud, ok so is it best to just start a fresh game so as everyone has the same stats? I assume you can't use items you've unlocked from the Career, I don't think its possible to do that anyway lol just thought I'd check

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:32 pm
by pcwzrd13
DCUltrapro wrote:hey bud, ok so is it best to just start a fresh game so as everyone has the same stats? I assume you can't use items you've unlocked from the Career, I don't think its possible to do that anyway lol just thought I'd check


Yup, always best just to use a blank VMU or no VMU at all to make sure everything is default. I don't think it really matters for Arcade Mode though but I could be wrong.

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:12 pm
by DCUltrapro
yeah thats what I mean I wasn't sure either lol

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:05 pm
by pcwzrd13
Here's my first entry to get things going... 1:42:65

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZbNFr5nV0[/youtube]

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:55 pm
by DCUltrapro
God I had forgotten how goddamn bad this game was! Seriously the glitches are unbeliveable!! I mean driving along the controls would suddenly lock up and sling you straight on when your trying to turn, or you would hit an invisible wall, or hit something imaginary that sends you spiralling off the track!! Anyway here is my attempt!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AycwYF_TeUs[/youtube]

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:01 pm
by pcwzrd13
DCUltrapro wrote:God I had forgotten how goddamn bad this game was! Seriously the glitches are unbeliveable!! I mean driving along the controls would suddenly lock up and sling you straight on when your trying to turn, or you would hit an invisible wall, or hit something imaginary that sends you spiralling off the track!!


Hmmm, doesn't seem to be that bad to me. I really like the game. Maybe the US version is different from the PAL version? Anyway nice time. I saw it on my YT subscription page so it's already up on the site.

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:21 pm
by DCUltrapro
well it depends I think it just punishes you if you go off the main track and hit the parts of the track that are different surfaces. I was driving along and I'd be steering left and the car just carried on going straight and went off the course lol. then at the beginning at least 5 times I hit invisible walls if I accidentally veered off the main part of the track near the big green eagle or hit something and then the car did a 720 degree spin and had to restart

Do I not get the chievo for 1.35 or faster?

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:39 pm
by pcwzrd13
DCUltrapro wrote:well it depends I think it just punishes you if you go off the main track and hit the parts of the track that are different surfaces. I was driving along and I'd be steering left and the car just carried on going straight and went off the course lol. then at the beginning at least 5 times I hit invisible walls if I accidentally veered off the main part of the track near the big green eagle or hit something and then the car did a 720 degree spin and had to restart


Yeah, I get what you mean. I've hit invisible walls before when going off-road. It doesn't happen all that often though, to me at least. I guess you just have to stay on the road... :lol:

DCUltrapro wrote:Do I not get the chievo for 1.35 or faster?


Sorry, you just missed it by .94 seconds... ;) It may not be much but the achievement isn't for "extremely close to 1:35".

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:04 pm
by DCUltrapro
No i just misread, and its not just invisible walls, i'll be driving in the centre of the track round the bend and then the controls lock and u veer away from the track