Competition #14 - Sega Rally 2 (Ended)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Alec1382
Vagabond

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #14 - Sega Rally 2

Post#21 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Okay, so this was a near perfect run. Any improvements that can be made on it will be extremely subtle. Keep trying though, it amuses me. ;)

Just kidding. All in good fun, of course.
Attachments
SDC10364.JPG

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#22 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Alec1382 wrote:Keep trying though, it amuses me. ;)

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#23 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:30 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Alec1382 wrote:Keep trying though, it amuses me. ;)

I get the strange feeling this image has been doctored... Aha! The apostrophe is facing the wrong way! I was right! :o

Funny, I thought that with that time I would crush your will to continue. Seems like the result I got instead was much more... interesting. I like this turn of events. Bring it on.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#24 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 am

lol well I don't think I'll try and muscle in on that fight to the death..........

Wzrd, that's amazing how you got your time down so quickly. And Alec, that's phenomenal, very impressive driving.

BUT!......I have my own little private battle going on: To avenge my pride, since my son was telling everyone in the family how he was now faster than me. The cheek of it :o

Anyway, as I'm almost at pensionable age, I have to go about my gaming in a sneeky, almost subversive way. I planned it all (well I daydreamed at work) all week. I got home around six, cooked dinner, put the kids in the bath, tidied the house and then kissed the better half goodnight before falling asleep. But iphone's are handy, and having set the buzzer to wake me up at 3.00am, I stumbled outta bed, grabbed a beer out the fridge, lit a fag, turned on the projector, switched on the Dreamcast and WEY HEY ! (ok, so that's another game) I had Sega Rally 2 all to my own.

I set the goal as 1 min 55 secs.........and I just scraped inside it as you can see lol Great fun it was.

Now here's a thing I want to say to anyone reading through this competition, who hasn't played it before, and is undecided whether to give it a go or not. Maybe you haven't bought it due to the criticisms levelled at it in the past. Well now: " Don't listen to the crap that has been written about this game over the years ! Playing Sega Rally 2 on the DC through VGA at 480p/60hz is tantamount to driving nirvana, it's one of best arcade games in history and YOU SHOULD BUY IT NOW !!". Sorry, had to get that off my chest ;)
Attachments
Neo's SR2 Snowy Time.jpg

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#25 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:01 am

Neohound wrote:Alec, that's phenomenal, very impressive driving.

Thank you sir. The same to you.

Neohound wrote:BUT!......I have my own little private battle going on: To avenge my pride, since my son was telling everyone in the family how he was now faster than me. The cheek of it :o

Anyway, as I'm almost at pensionable age, I have to go about my gaming in a sneeky, almost subversive way.

What was his time, and how old is he? And you say that you have to be sneaky because of your age. How come?

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#26 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:46 am

My son is DCent and he has just turned eleven years old. He posted his time earlier in the thread, I think it was around 1min 59secs ? Anyway, I was quite proud of him, I think he did well.

It's just insane the amount of prejudice I get from people concerning my age/gaming. I get bullied/abused at work quite often. Generally it's comments like "What are doing tonight ? Playing your silly little games ?" but it can get really bad, like I got smacked in the face by one colleague, who took offence at me wearing a Dreamcast T-Shirt to an office party. Going into game stores I always get asked "Who is the game for ?" lol........like it couldn't be for me :roll: Even in my own family/circle of friends I get subtler, but in their own way just as offensive, comments like "Shouldn't you be doing something sensible ?" or "Why can't you do something worthwhile for a change?" Crazy......

To be honest, it's 'water off a ducks back' most of the time, but just occasionally I do fire back lol

*touches wood* At least here on DC-Talk I'm amongst like-minded people :)

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#27 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:02 am

Neohound wrote:My son is DCent and he has just turned eleven years old. He posted his time earlier in the thread, I think it was around 1min 59secs ? Anyway, I was quite proud of him, I think he did well.

Oh, so that was him, was it? Yes, he did.

Neohound wrote:It's just insane the amount of prejudice I get from people concerning my age/gaming. I get bullied/abused at work quite often. Generally it's comments like "What are doing tonight ? Playing your silly little games ?" but it can get really bad, like I got smacked in the face by one colleague, who took offence at me wearing a Dreamcast T-Shirt to an office party. Going into game stores I always get asked "Who is the game for ?" lol........like it couldn't be for me :roll: Even in my own family/circle of friends I get subtler, but in their own way just as offensive, comments like "Shouldn't you be doing something sensible ?" or "Why can't you do something worthwhile for a change?" Crazy......

What a bunch of... I'll try to keep my language clean as I know your son is on the competition boards. Nobody expects a pastime to be productive, except when that pastime is videogames. Then it has to be 'worthwhile'. What garbage. Moreover, what kind of moron colleague thought it was a reasonable action to hit somebody in the face over a damn T-Shirt? The only circumstance under which that could be even comprehensible is if it insulted a minority of some sort. I wish I could help you man, I'm sorry about your situation.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#28 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 am

Neohound wrote:My son is DCent and he has just turned eleven years old. He posted his time earlier in the thread, I think it was around 1min 59secs ? Anyway, I was quite proud of him, I think he did well.

Indeed, his score is quite impressive for only 11 years old. You trained him well! :D

Neohound wrote:It's just insane the amount of prejudice I get from people concerning my age/gaming. I get bullied/abused at work quite often. Generally it's comments like "What are doing tonight ? Playing your silly little games ?" but it can get really bad, like I got smacked in the face by one colleague, who took offence at me wearing a Dreamcast T-Shirt to an office party.

Why I oughta! Want me to rough 'em up?!

A wise man once said:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by their chosen hobby of gaming, but by the content of their character.

I think it went something like that... ;)

Neohound wrote:*touches wood* At least here on DC-Talk I'm amongst like-minded people :)

Us gamers gotta stick together you know!

PSO Characters:

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#29 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:A wise man once said:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by their chosen hobby of gaming, but by the content of their character.

I think it went something like that... ;)

That sons of non-gamers and sons of game owners will be able to sit down at the table of brotherhood...

This thread is becoming a mass of JPGs.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#30 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Alec1382 wrote:This thread is becoming a mass of JPGs.

Indeed but who doesn't like JPEGs?! :lol:
PSO Characters: