Competition #27 - Re-Volt (Ended)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Raen
Toy Commander

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #27 - Re-Volt

Post#11 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Uhrr, I almost did it under 1:30!
Had the luck of picking 3 boosts in a row (2nd time, the 1st one was when racing in Toys in the Hood I), but on the other hand I've never seen so much damn oil on the track!
Like the game is taunting me: "yeah, there you go, 3 boosts in a row but now see if you can dodge the oil everybody else is planting" :twisted:

The big jump before the finish line was full of oil, I couldn't escape it unlike until that moment and ended up crashing into the wall bellow.

Will keep trying :ugeek:

EDIT: My second and best record on the 1:31 mark today:

The battle rages on 8-)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#12 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Wow! Nice job man! That'll be hard to beat! I'll certainly give it a shot though!
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 am

I take my previous statement back! I do think it's possible to get under 1:30 (Although I'll keep the edited achievement as is). I almost got it on this run but I had the exact same problem as you, OIL SLICK! :x I got two boosts on this attempt but I hit one of the FOUR oil slicks on the last lap! Craziness! I swear all the CPU players pick up oil slicks on the last lap!

PSO Characters:

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#14 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Ahah, now you know what I was talking about. See if you can get 3 boosts in a row and watch how muck oil slicks the opponents will deploy :lol:

I don't believe in luck, but this game proves that to do these times all you have to get is luck (and practice) - even some races are easier than others because of the combination of Rookie cars you are racing against, as it slighty changes from race to race.

Very good time, will be hard to beat that, but I'll see what I can do ;)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#15 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Raen wrote:I don't believe in luck, but this game proves that to do these times all you have to get is luck (and practice) - even some races are easier than others because of the combination of Rookie cars you are racing against, as it slighty changes from race to race.

Indeed! I think this game requires more luck than any other game we've had in previous competitions. I actually intended for it to be that way as I wanted to throw a little bit of randomness into the mix. I could have easily done time trial mode instead of the regular race. While it can be a bit frustrating at times with the CPU players being very unpredictable, I think it also enables you to get better times than in the time trial mode since you're able to pick up boosts.
PSO Characters:

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#16 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:53 pm

It is better this way indeed, Re-Volt is not exactly known by its time trial mode but by its fun opponent racing.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#17 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:59 am

I went ahead and extended the competition until the 29th as I'll be away from home until the end of the month starting next Friday so I likely won't get around to starting a new competition before I leave anyway. We have more time to get extra entries now too which would be great!
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#18 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Don't tell me there are no other contenders for this competition?! C'mon guys! Even if you don't have a winning time, submit it anyway so you can be on the leaderboard.
PSO Characters:

Wulffee
letterbomb

Post#19 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 am

Id play but out of all the games I got so far Revolt isnt one of them :-(

monster9000
dark night