Vote on Xbox Uservoice to get Dreamcast Backward Compatibility to come to Xbox One X

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Vote on Xbox Uservoice to get Dreamcast Backward Compatibility to come to Xbox One X

Post#1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm sure most of you saw E3 and that Microsoft is expanding it's Backwards Compatibility Program to include the OG Xbox as well. This is great for everyone as the OG Xbox had many great games from SEGA on it due to a deal between the two companies after the Dreamcast failed commercially. But many thousands of gamers widely consider the Dreamcast to be part of the Xbox family or "The precursor to Xbox". And it stands to reason that as part of the family, DC should also get the backwards compatible treatment too.

VOTE FOR IT HERE:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/36318 ... patibility

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Vote on Xbox Uservoice to get Dreamcast Backward Compatibility to come to Xbox One X

Post#2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 am

Voted...Go Dreamcast!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Dreamcastest
noob

Re: Vote on Xbox Uservoice to get Dreamcast Backward Compatibility to come to Xbox One X

Post#3 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:09 am

More pipe dreams. Really wish the community would show an ounce of intelligence. These companies are looking for substantial returns on investments. They don't get paid on warm fuzzies and nostalgia.

krssn
Metallic

Post#4 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:13 am

Dreamcastest wrote:More pipe dreams. Really wish the community would show an ounce of intelligence.

Great first post. Welcome... lol

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:07 pm

BUT he's right ! lmfa0o0

Welcome !

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:08 pm

Oh, so true...but it's a rare "what the hell" moment for me...very rare. In my past posts, I am the nay-sayer, mostly involving Shenmue III. Just backing Max, who is a good member of this community.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

snickerbockers
noob

Post#7 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:40 pm

In addition to the lack of economic incentive, there's also the problem of reading the Dreamcast's GD-ROM format. They'd need to be able to reprogram the drive firmware, and that's probably not possible.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#8 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 am

snickerbockers wrote:In addition to the lack of economic incentive, there's also the problem of reading the Dreamcast's GD-ROM format. They'd need to be able to reprogram the drive firmware, and that's probably not possible.

They would emulate it. Just like some of there other "backwards" compatable games. As long as the drive could decipher what game it is. Then install the game. So the disc would just become a key to unlock a downloaded game. Proof that you have a physical copy. I dont think the near systems play off the disc as it is.