Retrobit sega partnership. New Dreamcast/ Sega hardware- peripherals.

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Re: Retrobit sega partnership. New Dreamcast/ Sega hardware- peripherals.

Post#11 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:40 am

The only thing I care this moment is to get Dreamcast wireless pad with vmu ports and sega Saturn wireless pad also

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#12 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:21 pm

DCGX wrote:New accessories for the Dreamcast would be cool, but I read this as controllers just for PC (and possibly PS4 and mobile).

This reminds me of the time I walked into a local Best Buy and found a brand new Super Nintendo controller that was compatible with both PC and SNES. Maybe the Dreamcast could get the same treatment?

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#13 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:00 pm

DCGX wrote:New accessories for the Dreamcast would be cool, but I read this as controllers just for PC (and possibly PS4 and mobile). I think we still have to dream for wireless DC controllers. It'd be nice if they created an all-in-one box or cable to directly connect the DC via HDMI. Except those handful of incompatible games would still not work.

They claim to be for sega consoles. But not limited to them. So I take this as there will be licenced sega style controllers for sega consoles and most likely usb controllers also. Or with dual cords.

Bluetooth wireless with a receiver to plug into the console would be sweet though.

Possibly a master system controller too???

"announced a licensing agreement with SEGA of America to produce accessories FOR SEGA’s gaming platforms, including but not limited to the SEGA Genesis, SEGA Saturn and SEGA Dreamcast."
Copied from retro-bit announcement.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#14 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:03 am

They need to create a bba. That would be amazing. Would love to have an affordable bba just for quake nights

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#15 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 am

If anything I would hope for a modem replacement that is ready for modern internet to bypass the dreampi. Plug and play for all online games.

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#16 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:35 pm

ncman071 wrote:They need to create a bba. That would be amazing. Would love to have an affordable bba just for quake nights

THIS.

I could finally play online if they made a new BBA...we got rid of all our wall jacks years ago. Please do this Retro-bit, that would be awesome. ;)

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#17 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:50 am

http://www.seganerds.com/2018/01/10/ret ... ed-at-ces/

Dreamcast wireless bluetooth controllers apparently...

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#18 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:52 am

Wrath of Khan wrote:http://www.seganerds.com/2018/01/10/retro-bits-bluetooth-genesis-saturn-and-dreamcast-accessories-revealed-at-ces/

Dreamcast wireless bluetooth controllers apparently...

While im skeptical on if the Consoles side is true, the evidence is starting to pile up and well come on it would be amazing! Not only am i going to buy a bunch of Satrun & Dreamcast controllers now but also a console :D

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#19 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:57 am

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 am

I'm gonna be the negative nancy and say it: had it really killed them to update at least the analog stick to a more modern, PS4 style stick? The dpad could have been updated as well to be more like the Saturn, but changing the analog stick would really have been a simple task IMO..I might be alone on this, but it annoys me when they replicate bad/annoying features just to stay authentic to the original version of the item.