PRESS RELEASE: The Bit Station LLC Launches Dreamcast Publisher Retro Surge Games

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SirNyan
dark night

PRESS RELEASE: The Bit Station LLC Launches Dreamcast Publisher Retro Surge Games

Post#1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm

Retro Surge Games Logo 2.png

Asheville, NC, October 26, 2018– The Bit Station LLC announced today the launch of their new publishing imprint, Retro Surge Games™. This new imprint will focus on bringing exciting new experiences to the Dreamcast platform starting in 2019. Development on this new imprint started in 2017 with the intention of helping new Dreamcast developers access the resources and knowledge necessary to bring their ideas to market.
We are so excited to see what this new venture will hold and to have the opportunity to help the Indie Dreamcast community continue to grow and prosper. Over the last 2 years, we have had the opportunity to serve one of the most devoted and friendly communities in the gaming world. If it wasn’t for the support of this community, we wouldn’t be this confident about expanding our involvement with the Dreamcast even further.

The Bit Station™ has clarified this new venture will in no way affect their current retail website, as the new imprint will be largely operated as an independent entity. Games published by Retro Surge Games™ will not be exclusive to The Bit Station™, but will be available from a number of retailers globally. More info about retailers and where to buy games published by Retro Surge Games™ will be made available at a future date.

The first game to be confirmed by Retro Surge Games™ is the previously announced Dreamcast exclusive Reaperi Cycle™ currently in development by The Ancient Hermetic Developer's Guild. The isometric Puzzle/RPG is slated for a 2019 release.
In Reaperi Cycle™ you find yourself as a spirit, devoid of a physical body. As you try to recover your original form, you'll meet with an old magician who is willing to help you, in exchange of a few favors. Don't waste any time! The earth spins around the sun, and the phoenix will appear, once again, whether you're ready or not!

Related Links
Homepage: https://www.retrosurge.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RetroSurgeGames/

About The Bit Station LLC
Founded in 2016 by two friends that just love classic gaming, The Bit Station™ is the world’s largest retailer of Independent Dreamcast titles and the first retailer in North America to focus exclusively on Retro Indie Games. For more information about The Bit Station or Retro Indie games visit http://www.thebitstationgames.com/.
Looking for awesome Independent Dreamcast games? Visit The Bit Station at www.thebitstationgames.com!

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: PRESS RELEASE: The Bit Station LLC Launches Dreamcast Publisher Retro Surge Games

Post#2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:57 pm

This is awesome news!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: PRESS RELEASE: The Bit Station LLC Launches Dreamcast Publisher Retro Surge Games

Post#3 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:44 pm

I am so glad we live in the universe where Dreamcast continues to be supported, Shenmue 1 and 2 HD was just released, and Shenmue 3 is on the way in August next year. Sure, the universe where Sega never quit the home console market would be preferred, but this is a great consolation! Imagine if we lived in one where nobody made homebrew or indie games and the community never took off like it did. So glad we have publishers like Josh Prod and now this new Bit Station venture! Keep the new releases coming guys!

lerabot
blackout!

Post#4 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:39 pm

We're glad to be part of RetroSurge games :) Good luck BitStation!
Indie Game Studio

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm...intrigued.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#6 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Well , i think this is great news ! I wish you good luck and i will support you if you release quality titles ofc !

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:51 am

I'm excited. Just hope its quality over quantity.

Regardless, it's amazing to have so many publishing outlets and devvs for Dreamcast games in damn near 2019.

I hate that DC died and that's the end of sega in the console business, but to be fair the Dreamcast was their last machine regardless. Its early death was the best thing that could have ever happened to our little white box. I don't wish it didn't die, I just wish maybe they could have held out for another year or two.

Back on track, I look forward to some top tier games Bitstation.

SirNyan
dark night

Post#8 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Thanks for all support everyone! We are definitely aiming for quality over quantity with our Retro Surge releases.
Looking for awesome Independent Dreamcast games? Visit The Bit Station at www.thebitstationgames.com!

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#9 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:56 am

SirNyan wrote:Thanks for all support everyone! We are definitely aiming for quality over quantity with our Retro Surge releases.

That's what I like to hear!

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#10 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Great news. I will support this. More dc games.