New Chinese Dreamcast console shells being produced

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roel
Developer

Re: New Chinese Dreamcast console shells being produced

Post#11 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:45 am

Tarnish wrote:While that's true, after the colossal failure that was the Saturn, maybe SEGA was so desperate they thought having another big name right on the front of their next console would increase consumer faith in them. Hard to tell what they were thinking.

As I understand it, SEGA commissioned a version of Windows CE hoping to attract more developers who were used to programming for Windows. But yes, who knows what they were thinking. And maybe they were on to something. Personally I never expected gamers to be drawn to a console from a company that was primarily known for an unstable OS, an unsafe browser and unresponsive office software. But Xbox sure proved me wrong! :lol:

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#12 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:22 am

Roel wrote:Personally I never expected gamers to be drawn to a console from a company that was primarily known for an unstable OS, an unsafe browser and unresponsive office software. But Xbox sure proved me wrong! :lol:

Sadly it's more about the marketing, especially these days. You just have to market the crap out of it and you can sell pretty much anything. I mean Cards Against Humanity sold literally crap and people bought it...what more proof do we need? :lol:

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:11 am

More designs are getting made! Skeleton Dreamcast! I just kinda also wish there was an option for one without the "This Is Cool" text and Saturn badge. Makes no sense to put Saturn on it lol.

Source: https://twitter.com/xmilu2

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Tarnisht

MadnessHero
noob

Post#15 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:39 am

Mine only came with a pal sticker(which stinks cause mines a USA cast) they sell these on a Chinese website that I'm not gonna name cause the site only offered one color, I ordered it n the sent the wrong color, like wft how does that work lol? But hey the build quality on these is pretty good. Both of mine the skeleton(which wasn't supposed to be clear) and the translucent black came with no markings aside from the metal Sega Dreamcast logos, I feel for those of u with the retro is cool branding on it, maybe try some citrus adhesive remover or something to try to remove the branding?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:34 pm

Just received mine, maybe I am too dumb to get the fitment correctly?

Those little carpet pads ringed my PSO.. but on my older blue lid replace it does not make contact with disc

Guess I'm going to let this go for $50 some time down the line because I am too stupid to use it >.<

EDIT: Just checked out the first aftermarket one I have. Looks just as flush except the new carpet pads are considerably thicker

These things do I wanna yoke off er leave it to a pro who wanna discount on this?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#17 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 pm

I call dibs!

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#18 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:51 pm

i want to buy a few of these.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#19 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:52 pm

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#20 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:14 am

Anthony817 wrote:More designs are getting made! Skeleton Dreamcast! I just kinda also wish there was an option for one without the "This Is Cool" text and Saturn badge. Makes no sense to put Saturn on it lol.

Source: https://twitter.com/xmilu2

i tried to use a magic eraser on a nes door once. it took the letters off so fast. id imagine the same could be done with this. (i didnt want it to happen btw lol i was clueless)