Castlevania Resurrection news..

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Absurd
undertow

Re: Castlevania Resurrection news..

Post#91 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:16 am

Anthony817 wrote:Wow, he tried to ask the seller for 20% of the profits of the disc! What an asshole!

Watch the full video for more details.

Read some of the comments, the guy even commented on this video.

Jesus H Christ, that was a chore to sit through! A 15 minute video with about 12 mins of shit and waffle and roughly 3 minutes of at best tedious repartition. My thoughts on this whole fiasco are thus: as far as the disc itself goes, that's probably gone now. Serious bidders on eBay will probably have contacted the seller as soon as the listing was cancelled, if not before, and done a deal in private, that will save the seller the worry of litigation and the buyer will be able to secure the disc for a lot less than the $25.400 in shill bids that had already been placed. The seller gets a huge wad of cash and the buyer/collector gets a purported grail that either stands up in a display cabinet or lies in a safe, never to be seen again. Everybody wins.

Except for the community. But in this case so what? Less than two weeks ago no-one even knew of its existence. It's not a game, it's little more than proof of concept, it's nothing spectacular. Are we really missing out on anything? And what's to dump anyway? If you want to see someone wander around aimlessly, just watch a Death Stranding video... If the new owner wants to share then that's all well and good, if he doesn't, fuck it, you didn't until recently even know about it anyway so nothing has been lost. It's not as if it's a game is it, it's, well, hmm, I dunno really, it's pretty much nothing. It's definitely nothing to get worked up about. I've been a gamer since the late 1970's and I'm now in my fifties and have seen many things like this happen over the years and even now I still don't 100% understand the fervour that goes with it. Yes, finding something new is great, great that is if it brings something new to the table. Does this, honestly? Personally I don't think so.

I understand the importance of archiving as much as is humanly possible, as more time goes by the chances of finding something that is significant are rapidly diminishing. Old dev kits die, HDD's get corrupted and media stands the chance of getting disc rot. But to see people clamouring for something that's not even a demo just strikes me as odd. Maybe I'm missing something...

I await the flames.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#92 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 am

Absurd wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Wow, he tried to ask the seller for 20% of the profits of the disc! What an asshole!

Watch the full video for more details.

Read some of the comments, the guy even commented on this video.

Jesus H Christ, that was a chore to sit through! A 15 minute video with about 12 mins of shit and waffle and roughly 3 minutes of at best tedious repartition. My thoughts on this whole fiasco are thus: as far as the disc itself goes, that's probably gone now. Serious bidders on eBay will probably have contacted the seller as soon as the listing was cancelled, if not before, and done a deal in private, that will save the seller the worry of litigation and the buyer will be able to secure the disc for a lot less than the $25.400 in shill bids that had already been placed. The seller gets a huge wad of cash and the buyer/collector gets a purported grail that either stands up in a display cabinet or lies in a safe, never to be seen again. Everybody wins.

Except for the community. But in this case so what? Less than two weeks ago no-one even knew of its existence. It's not a game, it's little more than proof of concept, it's nothing spectacular. Are we really missing out on anything? And what's to dump anyway? If you want to see someone wander around aimlessly, just watch a Death Stranding video... If the new owner wants to share then that's all well and good, if he doesn't, fuck it, you didn't until recently even know about it anyway so nothing has been lost. It's not as if it's a game is it, it's, well, hmm, I dunno really, it's pretty much nothing. It's definitely nothing to get worked up about. I've been a gamer since the late 1970's and I'm now in my fifties and have seen many things like this happen over the years and even now I still don't 100% understand the fervour that goes with it. Yes, finding something new is great, great that is if it brings something new to the table. Does this, honestly? Personally I don't think so.

I understand the importance of archiving as much as is humanly possible, as more time goes by the chances of finding something that is significant are rapidly diminishing. Old dev kits die, HDD's get corrupted and media stands the chance of getting disc rot. But to see people clamouring for something that's not even a demo just strikes me as odd. Maybe I'm missing something...

I await the flames.

I agree man. The youtube videos of people walking around the levels and talking about it will be more interesting than actually playing it. If it gets dumped then great I'll add it to collection. But if not then my heart isn't broken. The only way this thing commands a high asking price is cuz it's one of a kind. I don't expect anyone trying to get return of investment off it to dump it.

Cesarm
undertow

Post#93 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:22 am

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#94 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:03 am

ardend wrote:No private sale, I still have it, and yes the disc is dumped and will be released soon, but not by me. The GDI is in the hands of capable people :) I have no way of offering proof really but that it will come from a known scene person who has released other things in the past.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#95 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:04 am

May you summarise ? Not really willing to watch a 20min video to know if it is : yes, may be or no

Cesarm
undertow

Post#96 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:08 am

sgmx wrote:

May you summarise ? Not really willing to watch a 20min video to know if it is : yes, may be or no

Don't be lazy :-)

The demo was dumped, and was given to someone " in the scene " to be worked at ....
Once the booting issue is fixed, the demo will be release to all to enjoy it

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#97 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:09 am

sgmx wrote:May you summarise ? Not really willing to watch a 20min video to know if it is : yes, may be or no

i think we can already assume who has the gdi currently and who will be releasing it.
i think its safe to say they are a member here as well.

Cesarm
undertow

Post#98 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:07 am

Yup we're probably thinking in the same person

Cesarm
undertow

Post#99 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:22 am

NeORomani
lithium