Release of a new prototype of GEIST FORCE (alpha) for Dreamcast

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Loloretro
chill

Re: Release of a new prototype of GEIST FORCE (alpha) for Dreamcast

Post#11 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:18 am

mistamontiel wrote:Sweet I've finally burnt up!

Unfortunate that Mike's 6 v2 hates to run always crash! Gave this CD-R two runs

rev0 cast

n so there no enemies @ all jus more environmental exploration? What is up with Geist_force (New prototype) CDI (tested, whit Mike's room map1).cdi , is that all just to play Mike's 1? Sorry I've jus burnt+swapped dozens of discs earlier this evening 0.o

The other Mike's Room maps have not been tested on CD-R, only on emulator or GDMU

There is no enemy, the player is free to turn around and go wherever he wants. He doesn't follow the normally defined path, a rail.

The original CD-I doesn't work by burning it on a CD?

Geist_force (New prototype) CDI (tested, with Mike map1 room) :

This is the CDI based on the original GDI, the only one I tested while burning the game. You can only play Mike's Room map 1 as it was configured after dumping the game.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:33 pm

Oh definitely yes I've burnt that too, simply awesome man!

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:57 pm

I was reading this piece about how Yuji Naka might have helped kill Geist Force and in it the Sega producer quoted indicates that the playable builds that have been released on the Internet show only a sliver of what was developed on the game.

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2021 ... a-producer

Would be interesting if a build that has more content in it shows up one of these days. Would also have been neat to see the Geist Force toys mentioned as having been in development or under discussion.

Loloretro
chill

Post#14 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:30 am

dark wrote:I was reading this piece about how Yuji Naka might have helped kill Geist Force and in it the Sega producer quoted indicates that the playable builds that have been released on the Internet show only a sliver of what was developed on the game.

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2021 ... a-producer

Would be interesting if a build that has more content in it shows up one of these days. Would also have been neat to see the Geist Force toys mentioned as having been in development or under discussion.

The entire game is included on the disc, except that it's only 40% playable. With Geist Force's source code, the community could assemble it.