Release of a new prototype of GEIST FORCE (alpha) for Dreamcast

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Loloretro
chill

Release of a new prototype of GEIST FORCE (alpha) for Dreamcast

Post#1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:27 am

Release of a new prototype of GEIST FORCE (alpha) for Dreamcast, an Unreleased being a clone of StarFox. This is the first GD-I known for this game

Thanks to this new prototype, comparing now the 2 known ones, we can see the progression in the development of the title. Some animations are missing. The map 5 is now fully explorable. The color of some enemies is different.

By reading this article, you will understand the reasons of its cancellation, you will be able to read the interview of the artistic director of the game and you will also find a link to download it ((CID, GDI and the 6 map of Mike's Room) :

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... t-download

Loloretro
chill

Re: Release of a new prototype of GEIST FORCE (alpha) for Dreamcast

Post#3 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:41 am

take a look of 2 video :)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:37 am

Sorry I am half-awake this still much for me to take in even awoke lool

CDIs (if so still prefers rev0 unit?), GDIs? Can debug be accessed with my NTSC-U keyboard? S3 key is present

Thank ye kindly!!

EDIT: Sorry I've combed through quickly see the one archive.org but sure I suppose I'll write this disc Geist Force v2 :idea:

I forgot where Mike'sRoom shows up cool I shall load up map 4+map 6v2 yet!

Loloretro
chill

Post#5 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:35 pm

upadate :

One of the videos is the one used for the presentation of the game at the E3 1998

"In an old article, it mentioned a few seconds with a giant spider in a canyon (0:57) as well as floating islands with cities built on them followed by a fight with a jellyfish species (2:08)."

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtFF4hbQSpk&t=60s[/Youtube]

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#6 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Loloretro wrote:upadate :

One of the videos is the one used for the presentation of the game at the E3 1998

"In an old article, it mentioned a few seconds with a giant spider in a canyon (0:57) as well as floating islands with cities built on them followed by a fight with a jellyfish species (2:08)."

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtFF4hbQSpk&t=60s[/Youtube]

1:54 - star wars death star, 2:13 - star wars AT-AT Walker

I like the giant spider boss idea and the floating island scene

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:45 pm

This was a video reportedly shown at Tokyo Game Show in 1998
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DTULx8RvME

There's multiple bits in here that were different to the Assembler prototype - like English text for character speech, different aiming reticule, a few level graphics I didn't see previously, like the inside of the ice caves, lava caves, and the asteroid cave in space that the ship flies into. I haven't checked out this new prototype yet, but it sounds like it also doesn't have these features accessible. I'll have to check out the disc contents.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:26 pm

:)

Loloretro
chill

Post#9 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:37 am

dark wrote:This was a video reportedly shown at Tokyo Game Show in 1998
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DTULx8RvME

There's multiple bits in here that were different to the Assembler prototype - like English text for character speech, different aiming reticule, a few level graphics I didn't see previously, like the inside of the ice caves, lava caves, and the asteroid cave in space that the ship flies into. I haven't checked out this new prototype yet, but it sounds like it also doesn't have these features accessible. I'll have to check out the disc contents.

I put this video in my article.

There are differences between this build and the assembler build. This build is earlier than the other one but it allows, in normal mode, to explore the whole map 5 without the invisible barrier that we found in the other one. You can also explore the map 4 in Mike's Room (I did not test with the build to assembler)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:53 pm

Sweet I've finally burnt up!

Unfortunate that Mike's 6 v2 hates to run always crash! Gave this CD-R two runs

rev0 cast

n so there no enemies @ all jus more environmental exploration? What is up with Geist_force (New prototype) CDI (tested, whit Mike's room map1).cdi , is that all just to play Mike's 1? Sorry I've jus burnt+swapped dozens of discs earlier this evening 0.o