Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, an unpublished SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Loloretro
chill

Re: Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, a new SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

Post#11 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:10 am

I'm looking at the documents of my SET 4 SDKs.

Sega went from SET 2 to SET 4.

I don't know if a SET 3 existed.

"Program migration from Set2 to Set4
Migration of Programs

7/5/98 SEGA Software Technical Development Department"

PkR
rebel

Re: Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, an unpublished SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

Post#12 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:46 am

Thank you so much for your continuous effort to share bits of SEGA history with us.

Is there any chance we could get our hands on those unreleased SDKs?
Last edited by PkR on Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, a new SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

Post#13 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:18 am

Loloretro wrote:I'm looking at the documents of my SET 4 SDKs.

Migration of Programs

Maybe it was some sort of internal build only? Either way the guy claims is a set3 running a build of the tech demo for sh4 not pc on nulldc. I guess the only way to clear things up will be to ask him to clarify.

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Post#14 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:15 am

Migration of Programs

Maybe it is an update path for those that skipped SET 3.

Loloretro
chill

Post#15 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:26 am

cloofoofoo wrote:

Migration of Programs

Maybe it was some sort of internal build only? Either way the guy claims is a set3 running a build of the tech demo for sh4 not pc on nulldc. I guess the only way to clear things up will be to ask him to clarify.

Yes, it can be something internal. One thing is for sure, we want a video!!! :)

Loloretro
chill

Re: Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, an unpublished SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

Post#16 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:18 am

I'm getting ahead of myself in anticipation of the Kamui Wrapper source code release by the end of the year.

People will be able to work on all technical demos.

Update : Scud Race Dreamcast Tech demo release

Added 26 tech demo for SET 2 Dreamcast to use with Kamui Wrapper.

Duplicates and different versions of the same demo should be included in this archive. Not all of them work. No optimization work has been done for them.

The source code of the wrapper should be released before the end of the year.

Download here :

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... ui-wrapper

Loloretro
chill

Post#17 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:36 am

The source code for Kamui Wrapper (Scud Race Tech Demo Dreamcast) is finally online.

You can find it below:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... 5YTVIgF9nk

colgate
Doom

Post#18 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:49 am

This is too crazy!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Loloretro
chill

Post#19 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:09 am

You get the SDKs, an additional technical demo pack and the source code of the Kamui Wrapper

Make us dream by making as many demos Dreamcast playable as possible

We especially want "Drive2" in connection with Scud Race

I've been waiting 20 years to launch Drive 2!!!

What Sifting, the creator of the wrapper writes about the wrapper, may even be interesting for homebrew games:

"You will need premake5, direct3d9 and gcc to build the source. Clang should work as well, but I have not tested it."

"As an aside, while writing this wrapper I realised that the Kallistios API doesn't support the PVR's on chip accumulation buffer - am I correct in this assertion? I saw no functionality for it when I looked over the source code. KOS seems to have support for it in the headers, so it should be quite possible to add the functionality if needed. It would enable homebrew developers to implementation a whole new class of effects on the DC if so - I believe it's how urban chaos and alone in the dark 4 managed to do shadowmapping, and also how raster managed to get quake3 running so well."