Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, an unpublished SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Loloretro
chill

Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, an unpublished SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

Post#1 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:00 pm

Release of a technical demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, a an unpublished SDK for SET 2 Dev Kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

You will be able to explore this demo on your PC like a developer from the 90s.

Other demos are also present. They are not optimized. You can get an idea.

We can thank Sifting for making the wrapper and sharing it with the community. What he has done is incredible, a big step in the preservation of Sega's latest console.

The project started in July. We are finally ready to offer you a first release. There will be updates.

You can find more information like the explanation to launch the demos, videos and the links to download the tools needed for them by reading this article :

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... ui-wrapper
Last edited by Loloretro on Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

SG6K
rebel

Re: Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, a new SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

Post#3 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:16 pm

Well this is pretty rad!!

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Release of a Technical Demo of Scud Race for Dreamcast, a new SDK for SET 2 dev kit and a Kamui Wrapper.

Post#4 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:12 pm

Could there be another version of the demo? Some people at Assembler were discussing running it in NullDC in this thread. Someone says it was included in Set 3.

https://web.archive.org/web/20191110181 ... sed.29868/

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#5 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:42 am

Laurent, your continuous efforts and releases never disappoint. Big up for you and Sifting! So happy finally seeing the scud demo "playable"!

Loloretro
chill

Post#6 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:23 am

dark wrote:Could there be another version of the demo? Some people at Assembler were discussing running it in NullDC in this thread. Someone says it was included in Set 3.

I remember this thread.

To my knowledge, I have never seen a SET 3. I have 2 SDKs for SET 4 that are unpublished. The SET 2 demos are not there except Teapot and F40.

I would love if the owner of this scud race running on emulator could share it.

Loloretro
chill

Post#7 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:24 am

Wombat wrote:Laurent, your continuous efforts and releases never disappoint. Big up for you and Sifting! So happy finally seeing the scud demo "playable"!

Playable is a big word. I will say explorable hi hi hi

Loloretro
chill

Post#8 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:25 am

Ian Micheal wrote:This is fantastic and the amount of work to get this working is Amazing :) thank you

I myself am impressed by the amount of work to emulate this SET 2 :)

The code should be released soon.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#9 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:48 am

Loloretro wrote:
dark wrote:Could there be another version of the demo? Some people at Assembler were discussing running it in NullDC in this thread. Someone says it was included in Set 3.

I remember this thread.

To my knowledge, I have never seen a SET 3. I have 2 SDKs for SET 4 that are unpublished. The SET 2 demos are not there except Teapot and F40.

I would love if the owner of this scud race running on emulator could share it.

You could always contact him on this board , he is a member. His name is Ryo Suzuki on this board. It's a shame that version was never shared.

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Post#10 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:32 pm

Thanks a lot!

I found a Nice picture of sonic and Tails in Scud Race