Prototype release for Evil Twin Dreamcast and Jekyll and Hyde (Unreleased)

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

User avatar
Anthony817
Shark Patrol
Posts: 3913

Re: Prototype release for Evil Twin Dreamcast and Jekyll and Hyde (Unreleased)

Post#11 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:30 pm

I am curious if the disc itself is scratched on the data layer or just the plastic, or is it disc rot? If it is scratched the obvious method here to attempt is to buff it out and resurface the disc. But if it is on the top we might be screwed.
Image

User avatar
DarkSynbios
Animated Violence
Posts: 494
Contact:

Re: Prototype release for Evil Twin Dreamcast and Jekyll and Hyde (Unreleased)

Post#12 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:29 am

I liked the style of Evil Twin and Jekyll and Hyde looks very cool. I wished Dreamcast stay longer 2 years more..

Loloretro
MegaDeath
Posts: 216

Re: Prototype release for Evil Twin Dreamcast and Jekyll and Hyde (Unreleased)

Post#13 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:07 am

The ones that are underburned dont have any game data because the data track with the game data is pushed all the way to the edge of the disc where it was less likely to be included.

Perhaps the PC version should be analysed to complement the Dreamcast version. However, I doubt that this is possible without the code source.

These dumps are certainly useless but I had to release them anyway.

What also bothers me is the loss of an early build of Millenium Racer :)

User avatar
fafadou
1300
Posts: 1336

Re: Prototype release for Evil Twin Dreamcast and Jekyll and Hyde (Unreleased)

Post#14 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:44 am

Loloretro wrote:The ones that are underburned dont have any game data because the data track with the game data is pushed all the way to the edge of the disc where it was less likely to be included.


With the "younger" disc of Jekyll, why didn't you push to the end of the GD-r disc ?
same thing with millenium racer ?

Loloretro
MegaDeath
Posts: 216

Re: Prototype release for Evil Twin Dreamcast and Jekyll and Hyde (Unreleased)

Post#15 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:48 am

We have tested the dump with the BBA and the dump with a particular PC disc drive.

It is the burning of the prototypes that causes problems

User avatar
fafadou
1300
Posts: 1336

Re: Prototype release for Evil Twin Dreamcast and Jekyll and Hyde (Unreleased)

Post#16 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:35 pm

Loloretro wrote:We have tested the dump with the BBA and the dump with a particular PC disc drive.

It is the burning of the prototypes that causes problems


There is nothing possible to try now ?

Loloretro
MegaDeath
Posts: 216

Re: Prototype release for Evil Twin Dreamcast and Jekyll and Hyde (Unreleased)

Post#17 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:05 am

fafadou wrote:
Loloretro wrote:We have tested the dump with the BBA and the dump with a particular PC disc drive.

It is the burning of the prototypes that causes problems


There is nothing possible to try now ?


nothing ....

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users