Spirit of Speed 1937 Dreamcast/PC, its history, its development and the Broadsword Interactive archive

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Loloretro
chill

Spirit of Speed 1937 Dreamcast/PC, its history, its development and the Broadsword Interactive archive

Post#1 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:32 am

A 3GB archive of Spirit of Speed 1937 and 2002 (PC and Dreamcast) has been preserved. After reflection, I am not able to propose it to you.

It includes promotional, marketing, conceptual and explanatory documents about some of the game's development tools (3D Studio Max 2.5, level editor, engine etc.). The archive contains the source code of the Unreleased version of SOS 2002, development tools such as the track editor and a variety of assets (different build) for SOS 1937 such as cancelled tracks (to be confirmed).

This article allows you to see the contents of the archive and learn more about Spirit of Speed 1937, a game created by the development studio Broadsword Interactive:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... ry-archive

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Spirit of Speed 1937 Dreamcast/PC, its history, its development and the Broadsword Interactive archive

Post#2 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:05 am

It was an honor to work on it back then 2020 :) really good info and nice work on your page detailing it :)

Loloretro
chill

Re: Spirit of Speed 1937 Dreamcast/PC, its history, its development and the Broadsword Interactive archive

Post#3 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:22 am

Ian Micheal wrote:It was an honor to work on it back then 2020 :) really good info and nice work on your page detailing it :)

For the SOS 1937 archive, I don't want to take the risk of releasing it. When I released the source of SOS 1937, the owner of the game wrote on my twitter telling me who owns the license.