Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

Post#41 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:38 pm

streeker wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:This is maybe the last working unreleased game that we will see. This one is a good game. I will download the CDI and see if I can burn the one I saw referenced last (if it is newer than the one I downloaded and burned).

If there is any demand for it, I could also upload another CDI with the audio tracks removed (since they are not working anyway, so far).

That would be great if that can be done but I don't want to be "that guy" would just asks people to spend their valuable time doing something just for me. This really seems like it most likely will be the last of the functioning unreleased Dreamcast games thus my interest. I strongly believe this is the ast leaked "horrah" moment we will see for my favorite console.

I apologize for the long poorly written response.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

streeker
fragger

Re: Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

Post#42 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:46 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:That would be great if that can be done but I don't want to be "that guy" would just asks people to spend their valuable time doing something just for me. This really seems like it most likely will be the last of the functioning unreleased Dreamcast games thus my interest. I strongly believe this is the ast leaked "horrah" moment we will see for my favorite console.

Of course I could still upload my own version. But I guess MoeFoh already beat me to it. Have you tried his CDI version: viewtopic.php?p=173815#p173824

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#43 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:22 pm

Going to burn it.
Last edited by Bob Dobbs on Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#44 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:46 am

streeker wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:That would be great if that can be done but I don't want to be "that guy" would just asks people to spend their valuable time doing something just for me. This really seems like it most likely will be the last of the functioning unreleased Dreamcast games thus my interest. I strongly believe this is the ast leaked "horrah" moment we will see for my favorite console.

Of course I could still upload my own version. But I guess MoeFoh already beat me to it. Have you tried his CDI version: viewtopic.php?p=173815#p173824

Unfortunately, that .cdi did not work.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#45 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:49 am

If it dont work i have fully working cdi i made burned tested etc.. 42 cdda tracks.. music dont work course..

streeker
fragger

Post#46 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:51 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Unfortunately, that .cdi did not work.

Well then, here is mine. Tested only on USB-GDROM so far.
And Ian is right about it: unfortunately it's only half the fun without the music.

WORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part01.rar
(10 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
WORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part02.rar
(10 MiB) Downloaded 256 times
WORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part03.rar
(10 MiB) Downloaded 250 times
WORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part04.rar
(10 MiB) Downloaded 252 times
WORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part05.rar
(3.27 MiB) Downloaded 269 times

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#47 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:01 am

Thanx! I just downloaded it. I will burn and let you know. Regardless of the outcome, I greatly appreciate the efforts everyone does here.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

pitito
dark night

Post#48 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:20 pm

I have discovered that starting this PINBALL.EXE function breaks the CDDA in the GDI
74D5C
This function starts at the PINBALL.EXE offset at position
0x6415C

The call of this function that breaks the CDDA is the function 77F74 and the following functions called by this.

It is possible that some function interferes with these or some of these do not do their job in CDI.
Maybe someone can see something that I can't see to activate the CDDA in the CDI versions.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#49 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:59 am

Sorry for the late response, but I had to use my old PC as my new PC cannot burn Dreamcast games.

I was able to successfully burn the game and I did hear audio of the machine and ball sounds as well as the worms sound effects. Played flawless which is important in a game of timing.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! I have been playing this and most likely will be going to this when I am not playing online with the Dreamcast.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#50 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:28 am

streeker wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:Unfortunately, that .cdi did not work.

Well then, here is mine. Tested only on USB-GDROM so far.
And Ian is right about it: unfortunately it's only half the fun without the music.

WORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part01.rarWORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part02.rarWORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part03.rarWORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part04.rarWORMS PINBALL__no CDDA.part05.rar

Curious, what did you do to make a working burnable CDI? 0WINCEOS is 2048 bytes larger and the IP.BIN is tagged with macmanN.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski