Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Loloretro
chill

Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

Post#1 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:48 am

A member of Team17 tells us briefly about what happened behind the scenes and the reasons for its cancellation.

If only 2 pinball tables may not seem like much, they are very complete and will require many hours and attempts to see all the bonus

Who will beat my high score of 791,000,000 on the Worms table in normal? Post your best score in the comments, you have until February 12!

Have fun!

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... pe-iso-gdi

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

Post#2 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:02 am

Wow glad you were able to succeed in getting this one released You are the best! Atreyu187 and I tried to get this in his hands to preserve 10 years ago but it never worked out. So super happy you were able to succeed where we could not. This is a very historic occasion Keep up all the great work my friend! Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Anthony817 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loloretro
chill

Re: Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

Post#3 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:28 am

Anthony817 wrote:Wow glad you were able to succeed in getting this one released You are the best! Atreyu187 and I tried to get this in his hands to preserve 10 years ago but it never worked out. So super happy you were able to succeed where we could not. This is a very historic suasion Keep up all the great work my friend! Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

This Worms Pinball was in my sights for 1 - 2 years. The price was high, I had to do a crowdfunding campaign because it was not in what I was willing to pay on my own. It was either that or we were going to wait another 10 years :). It had to be released so that we could also worry about other Unreleased.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:37 am

Great job to all parties involved! Thanks a lot!

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#5 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:43 am

Fantastic work by everyone involved to realease this. Much appreciated <3<3

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#6 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:14 pm

Great to see another solid prototype release. Can I confirm game performance with others? I have an NTSC Dreamcast on VGA, using GDemu 5.20.3 and on two different SD cards, running OpenMenu and GDmenu respectively, the game suffers some tough slowdown. On OpenMenu, it seems instantaneous, judging by the FMVs playing very slowly. With GDmenu, it's quite snappy until you're in game for a few moments, then it hits the same pace-breaking slowdown that persists across the entire title.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#7 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:01 pm

I don't have any problems, gdemu 5.14, tested both original gdi and cdi (cdda doesn't work, but it's a problem with some wince games)

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#8 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:14 pm

Attachments
flycast-dev-release (02-11-2023).zip
flycast-dev-release (02-11-2023).apk
(15.97 MiB) Downloaded 897 times
Last edited by MoeFoh on Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:40 pm

megavolt85 wrote:I don't have any problems, gdemu 5.14, tested both original gdi and cdi (cdda doesn't work, but it's a problem with some wince games)

Yeah, I spent a week working on the CDI and following every step I knew the CDI worked on, which is redream, not hardware, but music.
I don't see any slowdown in the game on real hardware, CDI or Gdemu. I told Loloretro maybe you could make the CDDA work on CDI, as I failed to do so.

I followed all these fixes for it
https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/w ... 15794.html

nothing worked over the last week..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:44 pm

WedgeStratos wrote:Great to see another solid prototype release. Can I confirm game performance with others? I have an NTSC Dreamcast on VGA, using GDemu 5.20.3 and on two different SD cards, running OpenMenu and GDmenu respectively, the game suffers some tough slowdown. On OpenMenu, it seems instantaneous, judging by the FMVs playing very slowly. With GDmenu, it's quite snappy until you're in game for a few moments, then it hits the same pace-breaking slowdown that persists across the entire title.

Works fine i have been working on this before release on cdi and gdemu ..

You got some other problem sd card or i dont know what..