(Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Poll: Do you like the look of Dan the hero of Shadow Gangs

Yes, keep him as he is
66%
He look better in long Jeans (like Cody in final fight)
34%
Total votes: 29

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Post#311 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:45 pm

I also sent the link to Sega Lord X, he’s a big fan of anything Shinobi related, so I’m hoping he’ll mention it somewhere
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#312 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:43 am

shadowgangs wrote:
DCGX wrote:Hm. There's a lot of digital stuff in these rewards tiers, but no add-ons. I'd like to be able to add a copy of the physical soundtrack with the physical game, but I have to get so many digital things I'll never use (like the digital DC version) until I get to the tier with the physical soundtrack.

Do you plan on adding add-ons?

That's the "Dreamcast + OST Physical Edition" and up.

The digital are just a plus inherited from the previous rewards, the don't add actual $$$ to the reward itself.

Sure, in theory, but to me I'm paying for a whole bunch of stuff I don't want. I know this is a fundraiser, but still. It'd be nice to have a tier with just the physical items. I'll still back you game, obviously, but I'm also worried the initial goal is way too high. $185,000+ is a lot.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#313 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:55 am

@shadow gangs: I think the goal is set a bit high. Not trying to bicker or bring it down, but I’ll never get funded this way.

Examples are:

Xenocrisis goal: $26000
Intrepid Izzy: $40000
Henshin Engine: $16000

Somewhere between 30 & 40000 is more realistic for a DC game, you can always set the 185000 as a second or even third stretch goal if you want, but such a start amount will scare potential backers off.
People are already discussing that goal online, which usually does not bode well…

Just so you know
Attachments
8E363048-B60C-401B-8D8D-3D2BDCCE3A11.jpeg
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#314 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:34 pm

DCGX wrote:
shadowgangs wrote:
DCGX wrote:Hm. There's a lot of digital stuff in these rewards tiers, but no add-ons. I'd like to be able to add a copy of the physical soundtrack with the physical game, but I have to get so many digital things I'll never use (like the digital DC version) until I get to the tier with the physical soundtrack.

Do you plan on adding add-ons?

That's the "Dreamcast + OST Physical Edition" and up.

The digital are just a plus inherited from the previous rewards, the don't add actual $$$ to the reward itself.

Sure, in theory, but to me I'm paying for a whole bunch of stuff I don't want. I know this is a fundraiser, but still. It'd be nice to have a tier with just the physical items. I'll still back you game, obviously, but I'm also worried the initial goal is way too high. $185,000+ is a lot.

Hi DCGX;

But digital items are not adding price to the reward. Treat it like a bonus :)
If not, let me know the items you want, and will create a reward for them.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#315 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:38 pm

mazonemayu wrote:@shadow gangs: I think the goal is set a bit high. Not trying to bicker or bring it down, but I’ll never get funded this way.

Examples are:

Somewhere between 30 & 40000 is more realistic for a DC game, you can always set the 185000 as a second or even third stretch goal if you want, but such a start amount will scare potential backers off.
People are already discussing that goal online, which usually does not bode well…

Just so you know

Hi Mazonemayu;

Let's take Intrepid Izzy 40000$
after Kick starter cut (10%), tax cuts (10%), Physical goods (30% at least), and shipping cuts,lets say (10%)
we have 60% cuts on 40000$

so net profit is 16,000$ maximum.

Roel can talk and say if he had any profit on the Kickstarter.

not worth the effort for me 100%

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#316 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:47 pm

shadowgangs wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:@shadow gangs: I think the goal is set a bit high. Not trying to bicker or bring it down, but I’ll never get funded this way.

Examples are:

Just so you know

Hi Mazonemayu;

after Kick starter cut (10%), tax cuts (10%), Physical goods (30% at least), and shipping cuts,lets say (10%)

Hey man, I really hope it works out for your amount, I really do. And we’ll all do our best to spread the news as much as possible, but I’m just saying how a big part of this scene works: if they think it won’t get to 100% they won’t even back it, those lazy bastards :mrgreen:

Good idea about asking Roel’s opinion on this
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#317 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:07 pm

mazonemayu wrote:
shadowgangs wrote:

Examples are:

Just so you know

Hi Mazonemayu;

Hey man, I really hope it works out for your amount, I really do. And we’ll all do our best to spread the news as much as possible, but I’m just saying how a big part of this scene works: if they think it won’t get to 100% they won’t even back it, those lazy bastards :mrgreen:

Good idea about asking Roel’s opinion on this

It's still doable :)
3% of the goal now, in one day.
If the backing stays like this, it will succeed :geek:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#318 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:11 pm

shadowgangs wrote:

It's still doable :)
3% of the goal now, in one day.
If the backing stays like this, it will succeed :geek:

I hope so, I WANT this game so bad :lol: :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

Roel
Developer

Post#319 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:50 am

shadowgangs wrote:Let's take Intrepid Izzy 40000$

You are absolutely right in doubting I made any profit on the Kickstarter. In fact, your estimates are actually still quite optimistic. The money from Kickstarter wasn't nearly enough to cover the total costs of development, production, tax, hardware, shipping, etc. Thankfully the Dreamcast sales are very good, otherwise Izzy wouldn't even have broken even.

mazonemayu wrote:if they think it won’t get to 100% they won’t even back it, those lazy bastards :mrgreen:

And that's how they create a self-fulfilling prophecy. The worst kind of prophecy. :(

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#320 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 am

Roel wrote:And that's how they create a self-fulfilling prophecy. The worst kind of prophecy. :(

But it’s true isn’t it? :lol:

And who can blame em, many folks don’t trust devs anymore after being burned a few times when they just took the kickstarter money and ran or used it on their hair implants…(I too lost hundreds of euros on both elysian shadows and saber rider, and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one on the board).

Then again, Shadow Gangs has been in dev for so long, and he is showing a vid of it being finished and running on actual hardware, so when I see something like that I’m ready to take the risk, but you know how folks are…they’d rather pay hundreds for an old game to show off, than spend a fraction of that to support an indie dev :mrgreen:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit: