chu chu rocket

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Re: chu chu rocket

Post#11 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:59 pm

yeah same, was it the same when you played jako? The server is down now, is it the same for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#12 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi Anfield and Retro! Good games!
Some strange happends with your connection, some physical element sure, the modem, your router... But a 4 seconds or more. Enough lag to won one time with less mices than me XD.
With Retro99 alone playing less than a second to put an arrow, the usual in this sever. And I usually tested it with USA players, you and me are near jejej.
Now CCR is working without any crash when inwas playing. Try other games with other configs, portforwarding or dmz, etc... That slow connection is not normal. :-(
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Post#13 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:29 pm

What do you have you dreamcast network settings set too?

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#14 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:38 pm

PAL Dreamcast, Line Voltage Inducer at 18v with 2 bateries to a cheap usb 56kb modem on a raspberry pi model b (1). I give internet to the PI via ethernet but wifi works perfect too.

On the router i opened some ports for some games like starlancer, planet ring...

You have many delay and for this sometimes the server looks like down for you, sorry for the cheap explain, but maybe other device in your home network are eating so much internet, the pi have a bad sd o very low power (this is important)...

But overall, my config is the standard for most pal or ntsc players, nothing special on the circuit. :-(

Xiden
Developer

Post#15 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Keep in mind their is a hard coded lag in the arrows. It shouldn't be super slow though.

Anfield you should try DMZ your dreamcasts Ip address
Should end in 98 so example xxx.xxx.xxx.98

That might help speed things up possibly for you

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Post#16 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:09 pm

I have fibre broadband 80 meg down 20mb, i have that viking line simulator into a transformer (as it has a us plug on) into an extension plug, the pi is wired to a vdsl modem/router, with the dell modem plugged in then going to the simulator, how much are the make your own line inducers? Does anyone make them, could anyone make me one? Will pay of course, i think there is an issue with the transformer as i couldnt connect, the transformer is cold leading me to believe its not working, normally when the transformer is ok it is warm, plus normally the light would appear on the simulator and it hasn't

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Post#17 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Retro your in the uk, what do you use to simulate a dialling tone? The viking line simulator or an own built line inducer? Thanks guys

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#18 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:17 pm

Xiden wrote:Keep in mind their is a hard coded lag in the arrows. It shouldn't be super slow though.

Im agree with you Xiden, one thing is that default delay of the game (~0,5/1sec). Enough, i had insane gameplays with you before overseas.

But tonight the test was clear. In the same room playing at the same time 3 players, with thas terrible lag (no fun, unplayable). But when unfortunately Anfield lost the connection, Retro99 and I recover a perfect a perfect play in the middle of the match.

Sure that this have an easy solution, if you have got to play CCR online, you have the 90% of the thing in your pocket :-)

Retrosanctum99
lithium

Post#19 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Im using a home made line inducer with 2x 9v batteries.

Thos viking simulators are very costly.

Yeah jako our gamez wherr fine, and i got wifi connection

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#20 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:29 pm

This simulator maybe do some zigs zags with the data. Sadly could be the problem.
Im not a expert, im good in my job with systems and computers, but very bad with electric stuff in general XD. I done 2 line inducers my self, uno with batteries and other with plug, both gives to the phone cable 18v.
The plug becomes hot and for now batteries are fine. Do the circuit is really cheap and you can follow slowly the excellents (very clear and detailed) video-tutorials of pcwzrd13. With less than 10 € you can make your oun cable. :-)
If you find a builted one at 10~15€ on the net is a good deal too ;-).