The Next Tetris: On-line Edition 2020-Jan-02 @ 9:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Nighttime Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Nz17
Graffiti Grind

The Next Tetris: On-line Edition 2020-Jan-02 @ 9:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Nighttime Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:12 am

I will be playing The Next Tetris: On-line Edition during 2020-Jan-02 @ 9:00 P.M. Mountain Time for one hour. Please join me online and enjoy a game of The Next Tetris!
  1. New Dreamcast game in development: Simon and the Aquatic Mystery (pre-alpha)
  2. New utility: DV Icy, the Dreamcast VMU Icon Viewer and Converter (0.9)
  3. Support Nz17 Productions on Patreon to help finance new software for the Dreamcast!

poopidoop
Quad Damage

Re: The Next Tetris: On-line Edition 2020-Jan-02 @ 9:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Nighttime Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:20 pm

i havent had the chance to play in a while so ill try to be there

poopidoop
Quad Damage

Re: The Next Tetris: On-line Edition 2020-Jan-02 @ 9:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Nighttime Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#3 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:01 pm

im logged in and ready to go

poopidoop
Quad Damage

Post#4 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:17 am

thanks for the games, thats all i can do for now

Nz17
Graffiti Grind

Post#5 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:24 am

What's wrong, are you pooped? ;-)

Seriously though, thanks for playing. I hadn't been able to play that game online in more than a decade.

Sorry about the initial connection issues. Despite what DreamcastLive.net seems to claim (but clarifies at the bottom of the page for the Connection Guide), it looks like there is more to playing The Next Tetris: Online Edition online than just booting up with a DreamPi. As you saw, if I sent the invite to play, you couldn't connect to my Dreamcast (which was trying to act as the host) as the ports weren't being forwarded; yet if you sent the invite to play, I could connect to your Dreamcast (which was acting as the host) as your ports must have been forwarded. I'll change my configuration to correct that.

Perhaps I should change Tuesday into Tetris Tuesday? Hmm...
  1. New Dreamcast game in development: Simon and the Aquatic Mystery (pre-alpha)
  2. New utility: DV Icy, the Dreamcast VMU Icon Viewer and Converter (0.9)
  3. Support Nz17 Productions on Patreon to help finance new software for the Dreamcast!

poopidoop
Quad Damage

Post#6 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:56 am

Nz17 wrote:What's wrong, are you pooped? ;-)

Seriously though, thanks for playing. I hadn't been able to play that game online in more than a decade.

Sorry about the initial connection issues. Despite what DreamcastLive.net seems to claim (but clarifies at the bottom of the page for the Connection Guide), it looks like there is more to playing The Next Tetris: Online Edition online than just booting up with a DreamPi. As you saw, if I sent the invite to play, you couldn't connect to my Dreamcast (which was trying to act as the host) as the ports weren't being forwarded; yet if you sent the invite to play, I could connect to your Dreamcast (which was acting as the host) as your ports must have been forwarded. I'll change my configuration to correct that.

Perhaps I should change Tuesday into Tetris Tuesday? Hmm...

i have DMZ set up for my dreamcast because of how many games benefit from it, its almost always a problem if it isnt set up it seems. you can try to do tetris tuesdays but it doesnt seem like a whole lot of people have or play the next tetris