Tetris Tuesdays - The Next Tetris: On-line Edition - Tue. Jan-28 @ 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Re: The Next Tetris: On-line Edition during 2020-Jan-26 @ 3:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#11 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Absolute gent! Thank you

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Re: The Next Tetris: On-line Edition during 2020-Jan-26 @ 3:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#12 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Krootox1986 wrote:Absolute gent! Thank you
im normally around the house during what i believe would be night hours for you. i dont mind playing a game or two most the time if someone posts looking

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Re: Tetris Tuesdays - The Next Tetris: On-line Edition - Tue. Jan-28 @ 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time

Post#13 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 am

The next game will be:
The Next Tetris: On-line Edition
Tuesday, January 28th
9:00 P.M. Eastern Time (UTC−05:00)

ragdoll0125
fire

Re: Tetris Tuesdays - The Next Tetris: On-line Edition - Tue. Jan-28 @ 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time

Post#14 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Is this still a thing? Definitely interested

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#15 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:37 am

Not that I know of. I can watch on Tuesday to see if someone is online this week.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

ragdoll0125
fire

Post#16 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:45 am

You're da man

ragdoll0125
fire

Post#17 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:04 pm

Just played mine for the first time today and it's a buggy mess. Terrible slowdown and delay between button presses. Did anyone else encounter these issues?

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#18 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:04 pm

Sorry for the lack of Tetris Tuesdays game days. I was trying to make it into "a thing" but after a few tries it "wasn't taking" due to a lack of players. But if there is enough interest, I can try again during the next Tuesday or the one after that. Any takers?

As far as the game itself goes, yes, those performance issues are normal. This game has a low FPS and it gets worse as the game speeds up. As a matter of fact, when I was playing it the other day I had a Tetris piece GO OUTSIDE OF THE PLAYFIELD. Somehow it emerged outside of the bottom left side by one column! The game actually wouldn't count the piece as having landed on the bottom of the field nor continue until I pressed "Right" to move it back into the playfield. I wish I had captured a screenshot or video of it!

Sadly enough, The Next Tetris / The New Tetris plays better on (almost?) all of the other platforms. The DC one has slowdown and frame-skipping issues and I can't help but believe it to be a Windows CE issue. Both of the Windows CE-based Dreamcast games that I own have these sorts of problems whereas the games that are native to the Dreamcast don't have these issues and generally have much higher (30 or 60) FPS.