Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

MoeFoh
Outrun

Re: Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Post by MoeFoh »

Ian Micheal wrote:This all nice and all but you burn 28 cdr's compared to 1 and serial port reader.. But good work it keep them happy? well not all games are going to run
I'm only going to do the major titles that don't already have a CDI. I think it's 7 or 8.
Found out the Guilty Gear games are constantly reading the CDR.
Thanks for asking.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

KenJu (Prototype) CDI.

Note: This title has major freeze issues for SD Card Mod and CDR. You will need to mash the START BUTTON to get a match started, if your lucky. It works without these issues on a GDEMU.

Thanks to Ian, we have a YouTube video to instruct us. The important part to watch is after the game starts up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=4Ucceq5twfQ

To run - boot disc, select ISO Loader -> CD -> 1GAMES -> Select KENJU
Click on Wrench, select:
Use DMA = OFF
Memory = 8CE00000 *(the last memory option)
ASYNC = 8
Leave the rest at defaults.
Click on Floppy Disk to save.
Click on KENJU to launch game.
Failure to follow these instruction will result in a locked system.

In-game-reset:
A + B hold, then START
Scroll down with START to "EXIT" on menu
Long hold START to select

Download here (74.8MB):
https://mega.nz/file/5Y5AESJY#h-sb-ny8T ... s3Fd4FVis8

Test result: PLAYABLE (requires START BUTTON mashing)
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.

saku3
minority

Post by saku3 »

MoeFoh wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:This all nice and all but you burn 28 cdr's compared to 1 and serial port reader.. But good work it keep them happy? well not all games are going to run
I'm only going to do the major titles that don't already have a CDI. I think it's 7 or 8.

I ALREADY have the most important games, I need to record the gg1,5.
I do not know how many more are missing, I will record them. I still have about 20 CDs that I have stored there for a long time and this is a perfect opportunity to expand my list of games to play in a "native or original" way, hopefully this happened a year ago when megavolt released the gdi. good that you are helping me with these conversions. A question I have recorded the ngbc in selfboot cdi but with your method will it be possible to fix the slowness error and other problems or is it the same?

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

saku3 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

I do not know how many more are missing, I will record them. I still have about 20 CDs that I have stored there for a long time and this is a perfect opportunity to expand my list of games to play in a "native or original" way, hopefully this happened a year ago when megavolt released the gdi. good that you are helping me with these conversions. A question I have recorded the ngbc in selfboot cdi but with your method will it be possible to fix the slowness error and other problems or is it the same?
It will be the same most likely. Any game that constantly reads the CDR will run poorly.
I can make a build if you would like to test.

KenJu is up. That will be all for today. :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

saku3 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

Playing anything from a cdr is not "native or original" way ether is playing atomiswav games

It's software hack crack that pretty much killed the machine your using with games sales tanking

saku3
minority

Post by saku3 »

MoeFoh wrote:
saku3 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

It will be the same most likely. Any game that constantly reads the CDR will run poorly.
I can make a build if you would like to test.

KenJu is up. That will be all for today. :D
I really appreciate all your help, thank you very much, I try the kenju and tell you if it works :)

saku3
minority

Post by saku3 »

Ian Micheal wrote:
saku3 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

Playing anything from a cdr is not "native or original" way ether is playing atomiswav games

It's software hack crack that pretty much killed the machine your using with games sales tanking
Yes, I know that atomiswave cracks are not properly original releases, I meant that I can play them now as if they were originally released in gdrom for the dreamcast like any other game, I don't play much with the console and I wanted to have these games on a "Physical format" more as a curiosity. I know that obviously it is much better easier and I practice playing them from HDD or serial port. But I don't have much time or the methods to buy the serial adapter or modify the console, so having the games recorded on cd is convenient for me and thus being able to try them a few times. I already have 12 games recorded and the cd-r that I have stored there are useless for anything else

saku3
minority

Post by saku3 »

MoeFoh wrote:KenJu (Prototype) CDI.

Note: This title has major freeze issues for SD Card and CDR. You will need to button mash the START BUTTON to get a match started. It works without these issues on a GDEMU.

Thanks to Ian, we have a YouTube video to instruct us. The important part to watch is after the game starts up.

Click on Wrench, select:
Use DMA = OFF
ASYNC = 8

Download here (74.8MB)
The game runs well with your configuration or that of the video, but it has 2 details, the x button is not a weak fist, it is grip, and when you lose the game the console resets or when you start a fight it also resets, it always resets to lose and sometimes when starting

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

saku3 wrote:

Note: This title has major freeze issues for SD Card and CDR. You will need to button mash the START BUTTON to get a match started. It works without these issues on a GDEMU.

Click on Wrench, select:
Use DMA = OFF
ASYNC = 8

Download here (74.8MB)
The game runs well with your configuration or that of the video, but it has 2 details, the x button is not a weak fist, it is grip, and when you lose the game the console resets or when you start a fight it also resets, it always resets to lose and sometimes when starting
Update: It is the new version, X is 'Grab' , T's are 'Light Punch'. These are hard-coded by megavolt85 as there is no SRAM for this title.

I thought I used the updated version which unlock an additional character, add two new modes and changes the button mapping. I'll double-check that.

The freezing and resets are just as described in Ian's video. It's two quick presses on the START BUTTON, then a short pause, then two more quick presses and repeat as necessary. Timing is important. Watch the entire video to get the hang of it. Resets can happen no matter what you do.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

MoeFoh wrote:
saku3 wrote:

Click on Wrench, select:
Use DMA = OFF
ASYNC = 8

Download here (74.8MB)
I thought I used the updated version which unlock an additional character, add two new modes and changes the button mapping. I'll double-check that.

The freezing and resets are just as described in Ian's video. It's two quick presses on the START button, then a short pause, then two more quick presses and repeat as necessary. Timing is important.
Yeah i was lucky to do this but it reminded me of some bleemcast games on boot same thing lol