Metal Slug 6

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

GodElite
shadow

Re: Metal Slug 6

Post#381 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:53 pm

@dubcity - have you tried that on Metal Slug 6? You do realize that the TEST MENU is a different thing from the in-game DEBUG MENU right?

TEST MENU = input tests, coin assignments, language, etc
DEBUG MENU = in game changes for programmers to debug the game; hit collision; cheats, auto-fire; etc

According to the web, here's what you have to do to get the Debug menu in game:
On the title screen, insert a credit. Hammer the System, Player 1 Start and Player 2 A buttons repeatedly.
This is rather finicky and there's no indication you've succeeded until you reach gameplay. I found good success by assigning Service and P2 A to one key, and then assigning that key and Player 1 Start to buttons on a gamepad using Xpadder and applying the turbo function.
Make your way to the first mission, and press the D & E buttons simultaneously (on P1 or P2's controls).

Unfortunately, I am unable to get it to work as much as I try...

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#382 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:14 pm

GodElite wrote:@dubcity - have you tried that on Metal Slug 6? You do realize that the TEST MENU is a different thing from the in-game DEBUG MENU right?

DEBUG MENU = in game changes for programmers to debug the game; hit collision; cheats, auto-fire; etc

On the title screen, insert a credit. Hammer the System, Player 1 Start and Player 2 A buttons repeatedly.
This is rather finicky and there's no indication you've succeeded until you reach gameplay. I found good success by assigning Service and P2 A to one key, and then assigning that key and Player 1 Start to buttons on a gamepad using Xpadder and applying the turbo function.
Make your way to the first mission, and press the D & E buttons simultaneously (on P1 or P2's controls).

You know what you did say debug menu. I'll give you that. I have not been able to access debug menu using the method you posted here. Service button works normally in test menu but works as a coin button during game menu even though I have coin button mapped to a different button.

Good luck. Let me know if you get it.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#383 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:56 am

Read starting from here:
https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p136783

The debug menu is disabled by default and can be enabled with a simple hex patch.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

GodElite
shadow

Post#384 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:58 pm

@MoeFoh - the Debug menu is actually enabled on the Dreamcast port, you just need to press Start 2x... That's not the issue here. The issue is that any change you make on the Debug menu on the Dreamcast port, it doesn't get Saved. In order to fully save changes from the Debug menu, you need to do it on the Demul emulator which writes over the NVRAM of the game. The problem is that I'm unable to access the Debug menu in Demul.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#385 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:12 pm

@megavolt85 should be able to figure out the address and hex code patch for Max Brightness.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

GodElite
shadow

Post#386 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:24 pm

@megavolt85 please help with this! thanks

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#387 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:32 pm

dubcity wrote:
GodElite wrote:@dubcity - have you tried that on Metal Slug 6? You do realize that the TEST MENU is a different thing from the in-game DEBUG MENU right?

You know what you did say debug menu. I'll give you that. I have not been able to access debug menu using the method you posted here. Service button works normally in test menu but works as a coin button during game menu even though I have coin button mapped to a different button.

Good luck. Let me know if you get it.

I was able to get to the debug menu with just a keyboard using demul. I changed freeplay to coin and mapped the second joy "A" to backslash - added coin at title, then mashed on service, start & backslash. Once into the game, keys D & E opened the debug menu. Unfortunately, max brightness didn't save to sram, so it turned out to be fruitless.
- Charles Bukowski

RealGaea
shadow

Post#388 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:59 pm

max brightness cannot be forced using an hex editor? It worked for Blood ON code.

GodElite
shadow

Post#389 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:51 pm

who can edit the HEX code please?

knuckles
noob

Post#390 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:34 am

Hello everyone, I try to contribute what I can in this world to revive the games of our childhood :D
I have a Raspberry with Retropie and several emulators: Dreamcast, Naomi, Atomiswave, etc.
I'm wondering how Metal Slug 6 can work best nowadays?
I mean, which ROM for which of these emulators?