King of Fighters XI

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

munooue
undertow

Re: King of Fighters XI

Post by munooue »

Megavolt85, Side topic, do you think it would also be possible to port some Naomi games
pitito
dark night

Post by pitito »

megavolt85 wrote:The CDI version was not compiled by me, so I can't say for sure what has been changed in it
The only change it has with respect to your version is this, not counting the hidden characters
Captura de pantalla (29).png
It is compared to the binary of your first version

That's why I was telling you if the game has performance improvements for the USBGDROM, maybe I can apply them to the cdi
megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

munooue wrote: do you think it would also be possible to port some Naomi games
for porting, you will have to interfere not only with the program code, but also compress the quality of sounds, models, textures
pitito wrote:The only change it has with respect to your version is this, not counting the hidden characters
the highlighted value is LBA+150 of g1romfs
pitito
dark night

Post by pitito »

OK thanks

Then it would be feasible to edit the values that you have applied in the USBGDROM version, if these values can improve the game also in CDI
megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

in USBGDROM version i'm insert patch for map R trigger to C button
cloofoofoo
Crazy Taxi!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO-SCHtACK

Post by cloofoofoo »

megavolt85 wrote:
munooue wrote: do you think it would also be possible to port some Naomi games
for porting, you will have to interfere not only with the program code, but also compress the quality of sounds, models, textures
pitito wrote:The only change it has with respect to your version is this, not counting the hidden characters
the highlighted value is LBA+150 of g1romfs

What about converting back atomiswave to naomi back to atomiswave to dreamcast?

Two atomiswave prototype have been released (kenju and force five) but only in netboot naomi 1 conversions. Would it be possible to change them back to convert to dreamcast format?

Or at least direct conversion from netboot to dc seeing how they were atomiswave format first.
Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post by Anthony817 »

megavolt85 wrote:for porting, you will have to interfere not only with the program code, but also compress the quality of sounds, models, textures
Sounds and textures would be the easy part, optimizing models and reexporting back to the correct format would be the hard part. Especially without the source code, but then again, you have already done great work porting the Atomiswave games without the source code so do you think it could be doable?
cloofoofoo
Crazy Taxi!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO-SCHtACK

Post by cloofoofoo »

Anthony817 wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:for porting, you will have to interfere not only with the program code, but also compress the quality of sounds, models, textures
Sounds and textures would be the easy part, optimizing models and reexporting back to the correct format would be the hard part. Especially without the source code, but then again, you have already done great work porting the Atomiswave games without the source code so do you think it could be doable?
Textures is somewhat not trivial at times. Your assuming its stored as a separate plain pvr. Alot of games dont do this , sometimes they combine the model data and textures in one container(i have seen games that sometimes store model+texture+animation in one). Also sometimes they dont use pvr and use a custom format, which also applies to the models that they alot of the times don't use the dreamcast native ninja model library instead opt for custom formats. Reading model format itsnt that easy if you have to reverse it .

Probably if the games use adx it would be easier to compress that. Thats probably way bigger than model data because even huge models tend to be from a few kb to a couple of mb. Audio and texture is much bigger.
bb268019
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none at the moment

Post by bb268019 »

I just registered here to thank you for this download :)
munooue
undertow

Post by munooue »

Tested a little bit more and got a total freeze today on the CDI version.
I guess some levels work other don't