King of Fighters XI

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Re: King of Fighters XI

Post#41 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:09 am

Well done indeed! I don't know the legality of it or even demand, but it would be awesome to have a pressed CD run with case and artwork like the JoshProd releases that perhaps could be done through funding with a portion going back to Megavolt85 as way of thanks? I know a similar thing was done for Geist Force and it would be lovely to add these to a semi-legit collection (should a CD version even be possible eventually! )
Either way, played Metal Slug 6 and loved it, I am sure this will be the same once it's running well on the GD Emu :)
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

darksakul
noob

Post#42 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:17 am

Another Sammy to DC Port?
Fricking Sweet

Thank you for your hard work and your contributions to the community
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.

streeker
fragger

Post#43 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:18 am

Unfortunately I have to confirm, that this game doesn't work on USB-GDROM - whereas "Metal Slug 6" works just fine.
Is there any chance that you could fix this @megavolt? Please.

Wesker
dark night

Post#44 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:24 am

Lembow26 wrote:
Wesker wrote:Great! Since the Dreamcast has so many The King of Fighters games available, it makes sense that the most recent The King of Fighters game that was designed for this same hardware is now finally available on the home Dreamcast console too. Now the series is finally going full circle on the Dreamcast. :D

Lembow26 wrote:
Yeah, since the library of dreamcast games is half fighting-games and we already have 4 kof games on the system, this was without a doubt the smartest choice :lol:

You don't even know how many The King of Fighters games are available on the Dreamcast. It's five games (Dream Match 1999 which is actually '98, together with '99 Evolution, 2000, 2001 and 2002), not four. It makes sense to extend the series as much as it's possible on the platform since the possibility is there, and I'm sure Neowave will also eventually make it to the console. In fact, it's too bad that SNK never bothered to do a port of 2003, because with that all the series from '98 to XI could be then natively available on Dreamcast (ie, not emulating Neo Geo) thanks to the Atomiswave conversions. So it will be seven The King of Fighters games on the Dreamcast after this and probably Neowave get converted too. What's so bad about it? Neo Geo users have always had a whopping ten The King of Fighters games available, together with a half fighting-games library like you say, and I never saw them blaming about it. It's better to have nothing.

If you are waiting for a non-fighting Atomiswave game to be converted, have patience, I'm sure you'll eventually have it.

Im glad u like the series. Lets let have everybody his opinion without getting constantly offended by a little sentence :)

Don't take it as an offended reaction, despite the correcting about the number of The King of Fighters games on the Dreamcast. It's more like a stand justifying why these releases are important for the console, no matter if there's already a bunch of the same games from the same series (all of them are older than this though).

Plus, if someone is attempting to convert what they are essentially arcade games to a console, you should expect fighting games to make out the cut no matter what. After all, they always were the most popular genre of arcades since their inception (or rather, since Street Fighter II did its job). But rest assured, I'm sure that the likes of Dolphin Blue and Knights Of Valour: The Seven Spirits will eventually make it to the Dreamcast too.

Hart2Hart
noob

Post#45 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:32 am

Fantastic MegaVolt45. Never thought this would happen. Keep them coming!

Lembow26
rebel

Post#46 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:36 am

Wesker wrote:
Lembow26 wrote:
Wesker wrote:Great! Since the Dreamcast has so many The King of Fighters games available, it makes sense that the most recent The King of Fighters game that was designed for this same hardware is now finally available on the home Dreamcast console too. Now the series is finally going full circle on the Dreamcast. :D

You don't even know how many The King of Fighters games are available on the Dreamcast. It's five games (Dream Match 1999 which is actually '98, together with '99 Evolution, 2000, 2001 and 2002), not four. It makes sense to extend the series as much as it's possible on the platform since the possibility is there, and I'm sure Neowave will also eventually make it to the console. In fact, it's too bad that SNK never bothered to do a port of 2003, because with that all the series from '98 to XI could be then natively available on Dreamcast (ie, not emulating Neo Geo) thanks to the Atomiswave conversions. So it will be seven The King of Fighters games on the Dreamcast after this and probably Neowave get converted too. What's so bad about it? Neo Geo users have always had a whopping ten The King of Fighters games available, together with a half fighting-games library like you say, and I never saw them blaming about it. It's better to have nothing.

If you are waiting for a non-fighting Atomiswave game to be converted, have patience, I'm sure you'll eventually have it.

Im glad u like the series. Lets let have everybody his opinion without getting constantly offended by a little sentence :)

Don't take it as an offended reaction, despite the correcting about the number of The King of Fighters games on the Dreamcast. It's more like a stand justifying why these releases are important for the console, no matter if there's already a bunch of the same games from the same series (all of them are older than this though).

Plus, if someone is attempting to convert what they are essentially arcade games to a console, you should expect fighting games to make out the cut no matter what. After all, they always were the most popular genre of arcades since their inception (or rather, since Street Fighter II did its job). But rest assured, I'm sure that the likes of Dolphin Blue and Knights Of Valour: The Seven Spirits will eventually make it to the Dreamcast too.

Yeah, i see why its a big thing for people on the dreamcast, because we have many arcade fans on the system. And as u said, the majority stuff coming from atomiswave will be arcade stuff, since its roots are arcade. But fingers crossed for the titles u mentioned, or also a game like sushi bar. Puzzle is also a nice genre to have.

Real6
noob

Post#47 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:47 am

shano wrote:I've tried everything including different sd cards and different formats and no matter what the game will lockup when on the next stage loading screen and it seems to happen at random. Sometimes the same stage will load sometimes it will hard lock.

PAL Dreamcast with GDEMU Clone.

Metal Slug 6 ran flawless for me.

Hi everyone, discovering this forum with the nice ports from Megavolt85. Huge thanks btw !
Just adding my comments here. I've run it through first stage and then had a freeze on the stage 2 screen before the match.
I'm running the game on a PAL dreamcast with legit GDEMU and 5.15 fw.

Cheers !

RetrOrigin
rebel

Post#48 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:47 am

I uploaded a quick video testing on TerraOnion's mode, seems to work great for me there (using an SSD)
I also recorded the problem with USBGDROM (have not uploaded that one yet), but I'm not sure if Megavolt85 would need that video or if he's already aware of the problem.

Last edited by RetrOrigin on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube channels:
RetrOrigin (English channel):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0PXN ... d7dDD-_GjQ
PolyXtation (Spanish channel):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKKbD8 ... nC5lwJCDAQ

Chewie_granada
shadow

Post#49 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:50 am

Hi, I am a longtime Dreamcast player. 20 years and counting. The dc is my favourite console, I usually buy some indies every year, not to mention obscure hardware release to cash in for marginal techical gains.

I just registered to say that megavolt85 is a bloody hero. His ports are the biggest thing to hit the scene since Sturmwind.

I am looking forward to the First of the North Star game coming to my DC, a lifelong dream of mine, but overall I am grateful. Even if he stops here and does not share any know-how. Thanks, man.

RazorX
brutal

Post#50 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:51 am

is there anyway to access the service mode settings on this port?