Post#81 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:43 pm

saku3 wrote:please made reicast compatible version

the problem is not in the game, the problem is in reicast
write to the reicast developers, let them fix the emulator

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden

Post#82 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:53 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:This for real dreamcast hardware not dreamcast emulators not much point to that you can play all these games use the real roms on demul

I agree

emulate atomiswave games thru demul on pc

why go thru extra trouble of trying to emulate dreamcast emulating atomiswave?

Wesker
dark night

Post#83 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 pm

cvskid wrote:
Wesker wrote:
cloofoofoo wrote:
Then dont play it. This cdi isn't gonna get an update by its creator . It was pretty much a gift to us as is. If youd rather have nothing to play thats your choice. Like metal slug 6 cdi its as is and isn't gonna get better. Samsho6 runs perfectly as is.

Imo its better to have something to play even if it isn't perfect than nothing.

Take it easy, I'm very grateful with this. I just wanted to know about the settings of this release and possible changes to be made to the image with hex edits. In fact, based on the answer by ubersaurus, I was already on the process on burning it.

Forget that dude. You were right to say something. If there are issues with something then you let people know so they can potenially get fixed sometime in the future. That's how things get better. Even if not by the original creator then by someone else. If it doesn't get fixed then it is what it is and it is still a good port.

Yeah well, of course I do this with the best intention and not to any kind of critic or bashing. On the contrary, all these Atomiswave conversions are, quite literally, like a dream come true for the Dreamcast.

Anyway, it seems this game was indeed stripped of absolutely all blood/violence from the ground up due to Sega's involvement, so there's no way to have it enabled in any way. Too bad. It restrains part of the essence of the series.

Anyone knows if there's any real difference between the Japanese Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden and the Western Samurai Shodown IV variants? Aside from the title screen logo of course. Despite this being booted up as Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden, the language is still in English anyway.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#84 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:14 pm

Wesker wrote:Anyone knows if there's any real difference between the Japanese Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden and the Western Samurai Shodown IV variants?

is not 4, is 6

Wesker wrote:Despite this being booted up as Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden, the language is still in English anyway.

region and language changed in service menu

some games have Spanish

metal slug 6 - japaneses, english
kof xi - japaneses, english, spanish
neogeo battle coliseum - japaneses, english, spanish
samurai shodown VI - japaneses, english, spanish, portuguese, italian, chineses simple, chineses traditional

saku3
minority

Post#85 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:09 pm

megavolt85 wrote:

and is possible fix or modify the gdi to play in reicast and flycast for android?, I try but dont work in reicast are only black screen and in flycast only show the white screen whit blue sega words and nothing happend

slivercr
core

Post#86 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:18 pm

saku3 wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:

and is possible fix or modify the gdi to play in reicast and flycast for android?, I try but dont work in reicast are only black screen and in flycast only show the white screen whit blue sega words and nothing happend

Flycast emulates Atomiswave, get that ROM to use on android.

The purpose of the thread is to port Atomiswave over to real Dreamcast hardware.

Wesker
dark night

Post#87 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
Wesker wrote:Anyone knows if there's any real difference between the Japanese Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden and the Western Samurai Shodown IV variants?

is not 4, is 6

I was actually thinking this as 6, but slipped wrongly the roman numeral. :lol:

megavolt85 wrote:
Wesker wrote:Despite this being booted up as Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden, the language is still in English anyway.

region and language changed in service menu

some games have Spanish

metal slug 6 - japaneses, english
kof xi - japaneses, english, spanish
neogeo battle coliseum - japaneses, english, spanish
samurai shodown VI - japaneses, english, spanish, portuguese, italian, chineses simple, chineses traditional

Interesting to see SNK following more or less the same language trend of their Neo Geo games. Too bad we don't have access to the service menu in the Dreamcast conversions to easily change this, I suppose due to the SRAM problem.

Dreamcastgaga
Roadster

Post#88 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:18 pm

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but is there anyway to check which buttons these Atomiswave games are mapped too? (I assume its the same config for all games?)
Thank you!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#89 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:39 am

Wesker wrote:Too bad we don't have access to the service menu in the Dreamcast conversions to easily change this, I suppose due to the SRAM problem.

you can make all the necessary settings in DEMUL and import the settings into the image

Alexislight
minority

Post#90 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:27 am

video with dreamshell hdd configuration...