Faster Than Speed

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Faster Than Speed

Post#31 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:41 pm

munooue wrote:Do you know the names of these cars in the game ?
Some look as Nissan, other as Chevrolet, but i can't find the models

I think they are not real cars, just slightly influenced by cars of that time. It was around this timeframe that car companies were cracking down on unauthorized use of cars in video games that purported to be the real cars, at least, without money trading hands.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#32 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:51 pm

They are based on Fast and the Furious cars and other real cars.

dark wrote:Awesome! It's cool to have another game, particularly a 3d one, that appears to push the DC hardware. It gives a small glimpse into what the dreamcast could have been like if commercial games like this continued to be made into 2k4/2k5 (yeah yeah I know there were a handful of commercial DC games still coming out that late, but no big budget racing games like this).

I think the arcade version can link multiple cabinets, someone said the atomiswave lan adapter is essentially the same as the DC's BBA. Wonder if this game could be played via link cable/lan with multiple copies of the game and multiple BBA equipped dreamcasts.

Now we need the guy with the Chicago 1929 prototype to come forward and share :lol:

Yeah, I was waiting for this one haha! It seriously does push the graphics further than many other DC racing games. It has such higher graphical fidelity that it truly does give us a glimpse into what could have been done from 2001-05 or so, had developers kept creating games for the system.

About the networking, I actually studied the manual for this game about 2 weeks ago, It absolutely used the Atomiswave Communication Cartridge, AKA the BBA. It allows networking over LAN with both cabinets connected to a regular router. I did speculate that this could be played in dual mode if you have a BBA connected to another system running another instance of the game. But, maybe you could use tunneling software like Xlink Kai and play it over the internet with others who have a BBA? I am sure it could be done, but we need people to test it for us. Be it real BBA's or the Atomiswave converted Network Adapters.

You can actually read how to do it here.

If anybody wants to look into it you can read the full manual here.

https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYS ... ration.pdf
Last edited by Anthony817 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:59 pm

salvatore wrote:wow thanks please CDI version

I second this please we only ones with working Dreamcasts ={

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#34 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Man, this is huge!!! OMG Thanks a lot MegaVolt!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

jolk
shadow

Post#35 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:32 pm

This has probably been asked before, but what is the status of the unreleased Atomiswave games? Particularly "Premier Eleven", "Chase 1929" and "Force Five". Would love to see them ported in the future!

Anyway, thanks for another wonderful conversion Megavolt! Keep up the good work!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#36 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:49 pm

jolk wrote:This has probably been asked before, but what is the status of the unreleased Atomiswave games? Particularly "Premier Eleven", "Chase 1929" and "Force Five". Would love to see them ported in the future!

Anyway, thanks for another wonderful conversion Megavolt! Keep up the good work!

For sure Chicago 1929 was never released to the wild. It was actually dumped about 3 years back but those bastards are sitting on repro carts not sharing with the community. In fact the way it sounds to me is gonna eventually be like the Shenmue beta fiasco all over again with people pumping out repro carts of the game and making massive bank off of gullible collectors. From what I know Primer Eleven and Chicago 1929 were only seen on single cabinets. Here is Chicago 1929 in action, like a long lost cousin to Crazy Taxi! Listen to the announcer voice!

As far as I know there were about 3 unreleased Atomiswave games that were dumped and shared with the gaming community at large. 2 of them were converted to run on the Sega Naomi and Naomi 2.

I believe Force Five, Kenjus, and WaiWai Drive might be the only unreleased games that were actually dumped. I can't remember if the last game was actually released or not as I read in a few places it was unreleased. So don;t quote me on that, and if you do take it with a pinch of salt. So if anybody knows for sure, please don't hesitate to correct me.
Last edited by Anthony817 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

louis012345678
Doom

Post#37 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:06 pm

mistamontiel wrote:

Yeah a cdi would be nice :)

dxen1
fire

Post#38 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:09 pm

louis012345678 wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:

Yeah a cdi would be nice :)

https://mega.nz/file/OoJB0SCR#xOnte2q0W ... j9hWdMmnh8

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#39 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
jolk wrote:This has probably been asked before, but what is the status of the unreleased Atomiswave games? Particularly "Premier Eleven", "Chase 1929" and "Force Five". Would love to see them ported in the future!

For sure Chicago 1929 was never released to the wild. It was actually dumped about 2 years back but those bastards are sitting on repro carts not sharing with the community. In fact the way it sounds to me is gonna eventually be like the Shenmue beta fiasco all over again with people pumping out repro carts of the game and making massive bank off of gullible collectors. From what I know Primer Eleven and Chicago 1929 were only seen on single cabinets. Here is Chicago 1929 in action, like a long lost cousin to Crazy Taxi! Listen to the announcer voice!

As far as I know there were about 3 unreleased Atomiswave games that were dumped and shared with the gaming community at large. 2 of them were converted to run on the Sega Naomi and Naomi 2.

I believe Force Five, Kenjus, and WaiWai Drive might be the only unreleased games that were actually dumped. I can't remember if the last game was actually released or not as I read in a few places it was unreleased. So don;t quote me on that, and if you do take it with a pinch of salt. So if anybody knows for sure, please don't hesitate to correct me.

Hmm looking at that video that game ie nothing like crazy taxi. That game looks more like chasehq by taito( not sure how you didn't see that). Same gameplay, follow the car and whack it till dead. If you want to play something exactly like this look up chasehq 2(hacked to work on pc) or ray tracers on ps1 and your welcome.

Force five and Ken ju have been dumped and converted for naomi. Only the naomi netboot files are available though so i guess no conversion for dreamcast. They only work on the newest demul.
Last edited by cloofoofoo on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rolly
letterbomb

Post#40 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:16 pm

The LINK/LAN option in Faster Than Speed will be awesome.

PS. I would like to add some money to fundraising campaign to see and play Premier Eleven by Dimps on Dreamcast, because the price for the proto. version is quite high...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premier-Eleven ... 2465558663
Last edited by Rolly on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.