Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Post#141 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Dirge Of Ram wrote:I advice too to get one DC SD Adaptor as you only really need one Disc to boot the thing up. You can store alot off new games just on Kingston Class 10 speed 32gb card you not limited just to Atomiswave! Take some time to understand how all works out like the correct manual settings. All pays off once you see the games boot up without the Dreamcast drive grinding away.

I agree with Dirge Of Ram above..

Cdr is not a dreamcast format for games never was proper media for it and is a software mod so you can run games..

Serial port reader is software mod that allows all these to run at proper speed with no change the serial port is part of the hardware..

Both are software mods

Make a cdr case stick single SD cards in if you want put them on shelf like a nintendo DS..There not going to work on a cdr all the wishing and wanting is not going to make the seek speed of cdr faster then a gdemu or serial port reader..

Burning a game and using it on cdr is not normal or not modding the console.. CDR is not a dreamcast format MIL cd to run games on it's a software mod ..

Ether one is not correct for the hardware.. Stop playing games being cheap..

Maybe some of you cant read CDR SEEK speed is not faster enff these where roms that needed full access all the time.. NO amount of magic is going make a cdr fast enff they run like crap no matter what some of you say..You ether have not seen how they really run or have very low standards might as will use aes4all to run metal slug 6 5 4 3 2 1 as the run the same as this on cdr..

are you playing having a laugh or for real

metal slug 6 running from a cdr

This is jerky mess like stop start slide show you cant be for real are you..
Stop start stop start .. You want all of them converted like this
what for yard art drink coasters there not play-able..

metal slug 6 running from no mod serial port $15 play all plays most homebrew

Smooth only a few stop starts just watch the birds fly away perfect smooth..
constant framerate

SD card is real media . You need one cdr for 2 secs to boot the loader..

Is this the same people that believe in the flat earth ?

CDR = too slow seek speed.. Gdrom real disk is much faster it's not a cdr..

Setting it up is as easy as plugging the reader in the back and download a pack format the dam card burn the loader disk play them all..

I want it on real media... THE SD card is real media what do you think switch and nintendo ds real media comes on..

You still need a cdr to boot the reader ether is 100% real media..Not correct for a dreamcast the only correct format is gdi and GDROM disk..

Make a cover stick an SD card in each nothing difffrent from that then a cdr both are not correct for a dreamcast..

You do know a cdr was never meant to work on dreamcast and is what helped kill it in the market when it was cracked..

I did a build to get new SD Mod users started. Super easy.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=15062
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

JasonBlueX
noob

Post#143 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:07 pm

Thank you!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#144 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:22 pm

HeadHunter wrote:
rocksscotty wrote:We need to get RipFire back in the forums. He converted Neo Geo battle coliseum to cdi all by himself when people said it could not be done. I believe that RipFire is our savior when it comes to coverting the rest of the atomiswave games. I realize he speaks another language Spanish or Portuguese and the games will be in this language and that is fine by me as long as we get them. RipFire please come back to dreamcast talk.

Yeah, I want Faster Then Speed to be converted to cdi very hard, I hope someone will make this happen.

Testing closed. Link removed.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

HeadHunter
shadow

Post#145 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:04 am

MoeFoh wrote:
HeadHunter wrote:
rocksscotty wrote:We need to get RipFire back in the forums. He converted Neo Geo battle coliseum to cdi all by himself when people said it could not be done. I believe that RipFire is our savior when it comes to coverting the rest of the atomiswave games. I realize he speaks another language Spanish or Portuguese and the games will be in this language and that is fine by me as long as we get them. RipFire please come back to dreamcast talk.

Yeah, I want Faster Then Speed to be converted to cdi very hard, I hope someone will make this happen.

To test. Faster Than Speed on CDI via Dreamshell, but running the GDI version. Works on GDEMU at full speed with no stutters. Has not been burned or tested on CDR. I expect slowness and stutters, but we will find out.

To run - boot disc, select ISO Loader -> CD -> 1GAMES -> FTS

Download CDI here (82.7MB):
https://mega.nz/file/QBpgTCDZ#6DiA9UroU ... kjMlP7fgx8

I have cdr to test, will come back with the result soon.

UPD. It doesn't start the game from a cd, as soon as you select it in iso loader it reset back to Dreamcast bios and load dreamshell again.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#146 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:55 am

cant load cdi files on dreamshell got make a gdi or sd iso//

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#147 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:14 am

HeadHunter wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
HeadHunter wrote:Yeah, I want Faster Then Speed to be converted to cdi very hard, I hope someone will make this happen.

To test. Faster Than Speed on CDI via Dreamshell, but running the GDI version. Works on GDEMU at full speed with no stutters. Has not been burned or tested on CDR. I expect slowness and stutters, but we will find out.

To run - boot disc, select ISO Loader -> CD -> 1GAMES -> FTS

Download CDI here (82.7MB):
https://mega.nz/file/QBpgTCDZ#6DiA9UroU ... kjMlP7fgx8

I have cdr to test, will come back with the result soon.

UPD. It doesn't start the game from a cd, as soon as you select it in iso loader it reset back to Dreamcast bios and load dreamshell again.

OK. Thanks for testing.
- Charles Bukowski

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#148 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:17 am

Ian Micheal wrote:cant load cdi files on dreamshell got make a gdi or sd iso//

It's launching the GDI version from Dreamshell. It's working with GDEMU, but not with real optical drive.
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#149 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:45 am

MoeFoh wrote:

It's launching the GDI version from Dreamshell. It's working with GDEMU, but not with real optical drive.

Why would you launch an iso from a slow cdr ?

This just not going to work launching it from cdr

it check like this and freeze

Code: Select all

Initializing DreamShell Core...
Checking for G1 ATA devices...

well it might if it was not a cdr and real gdrom .. cdr is mil cd filesystem it's not gdrom filesystem or correct to load a game from..
System calls in the gdi even if it ran would never work on cdr..

Loading from a cdr turned the above to off loading from gdemu it finds the disk on G1 ATA devices.. simulating loading from a real gdrom

I dont think people get cdr does not use gdrom filesytem it's not correct or proper format and runs at 600 700kb a sec max gdrom runs at 12x not 4x

Games loading on cdr dont use gdi or gdrom filesystem hence why you cant get the speed in the first place and why just converting these is not easy or worth it..

If you had a gdr burner and burned it to a GDR these would run fine.. Not fault of the gdrom drive being too slow but the fact mil cd is not a gdrom..

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#150 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:50 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

Why would you launch an iso from a slow cdr ?

This just not going to work launching it from cdr

it check like this and freeze

Code: Select all

Initializing DreamShell Core...
Checking for G1 ATA devices...

well it might if it was not a cdr and real gdrom .. cdr is mil cd filesystem it's not gdrom filesystem or correct to load a game from..
System calls in the gdi even if it ran would never work on cdr..

Loading from a cdr turned the above to off loading from gdemu it finds the disk on G1 ATA devices.. simulating loading from a real gdrom

I dont think people get cdr does not use gdrom filesytem it's not correct or proper format and runs at 600 700kb a sec max gdrom runs at 12x not 4x

Games loading on cdr dont use gdi or gdrom filesystem hence why you cant get the speed in the first place and why just converting these is not easy or worth it..

If you had a gdr burner and burned it to a GDR these would run fine.. Not fault of the gdrom drive being too slow but the fact mil cd is not a gdrom..

It was a proof of concept build. I have no personal use for it.

I'd still like to know why specifically Dreamshell ISO Loader can run an OPT GDI from GDEMU, IDE-HDD MOD, SD MOD but not Dreamshell CDR. MIL-CD is the format needed to boot Dreamshell, but wouldn't Dreamshell take over most driver functions once booted?

It fails right at the point of accessing the GDI track to display the cover PVR. It never got to the launch phase.
- Charles Bukowski