Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Post#131 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:50 pm

Speed of a cdr is not the same speed as gdrom disk these are like big roms that needs very fast access fast random read speed and you dont have that on cdr ..

Not the point you can convert them point is there is not enff access time to do them justice.. they dont run any where near as they do on serial port or gdemu where there is no 250ms to access each time..

Fact these where never meant for optical media or built for them.. Your getting substandard product ..

Saying want it on un modded hardware these are not for optical media in the first place ..Your asking to play a modded converted game to fit a round peg in square hole..

Just bit the bullet and by a $15 serial port reader no mod and save more money then buying a pack of cdrs..

Not like there is any mods to use it.. the serial port is factory stock.. Dreamcast was going to have Zip drive .. Sorry cant understand it.. There be a time when all gdrom drives are dead so you have to have gdemu lol

I make sure all my ports work on cdr so not anti cdr btw.. but when your trying to use something which does not have the speed to do so it just makes zero sense.. If you say it runs fine then you have not played them yet the way they really run..

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#132 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:32 am

I advice too to get one DC SD Adaptor as you only really need one Disc to boot the thing up. You can store alot off new games just on Kingston Class 10 speed 32gb card you not limited just to Atomiswave! Take some time to understand how all works out like the correct manual settings. All pays off once you see the games boot up without the Dreamcast drive grinding away.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#133 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:35 am

Dirge Of Ram wrote:I advice too to get one DC SD Adaptor as you only really need one Disc to boot the thing up. You can store alot off new games just on Kingston Class 10 speed 32gb card you not limited just to Atomiswave! Take some time to understand how all works out like the correct manual settings. All pays off once you see the games boot up without the Dreamcast drive grinding away.

I cant agree more..

Sax20
lithium

Post#134 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:29 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Sax20 wrote:The light gun games work better now? I remember the guns don't have a very good accuracy in the atomiswave ports.

You can calibrate this megavolt went into detail about it

But is a new update or version? I tried back in the day to calibrate the games but don't work very good, it was not very accurate. Not like house of the dead 2 for example. I use an official gun.

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#135 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Sadly it looks like we have gotten all of the atomiswave cdi conversions that were going to get. I also have the GDEMU and I know they run better on there I just really love and still prefer physical media holding it in my hands. Its weird but its just more satisfying playing a game this way. Same goes for modern stuff I never buy games digitally ever.

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#136 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:42 pm

We need to get RipFire back in the forums. He converted Neo Geo battle coliseum to cdi all by himself when people said it could not be done. I believe that RipFire is our savior when it comes to coverting the rest of the atomiswave games. I realize he speaks another language Spanish or Portuguese and the games will be in this language and that is fine by me as long as we get them. RipFire please come back to dreamcast talk.

HeadHunter
shadow

Post#137 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:25 pm

rocksscotty wrote:We need to get RipFire back in the forums. He converted Neo Geo battle coliseum to cdi all by himself when people said it could not be done. I believe that RipFire is our savior when it comes to coverting the rest of the atomiswave games. I realize he speaks another language Spanish or Portuguese and the games will be in this language and that is fine by me as long as we get them. RipFire please come back to dreamcast talk.

Yeah, I want Faster Then Speed to be converted to cdi very hard, I hope someone will make this happen.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#138 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:05 am

Dirge Of Ram wrote:I advice too to get one DC SD Adaptor as you only really need one Disc to boot the thing up. You can store alot off new games just on Kingston Class 10 speed 32gb card you not limited just to Atomiswave! Take some time to understand how all works out like the correct manual settings. All pays off once you see the games boot up without the Dreamcast drive grinding away.

I agree with Dirge Of Ram above..

Cdr is not a dreamcast format for games never was proper media for it and is a software mod so you can run games..

Serial port reader is software mod that allows all these to run at proper speed with no change the serial port is part of the hardware..

Both are software mods

Make a cdr case stick single SD cards in if you want put them on shelf like a nintendo DS..There not going to work on a cdr all the wishing and wanting is not going to make the seek speed of cdr faster then a gdemu or serial port reader..

Burning a game and using it on cdr is not normal or not modding the console.. CDR is not a dreamcast format MIL cd to run games on it's a software mod ..

Ether one is not correct for the hardware.. Stop playing games being cheap..

Maybe some of you cant read CDR SEEK speed is not faster enff these where roms that needed full access all the time.. NO amount of magic is going make a cdr fast enff they run like crap no matter what some of you say..You ether have not seen how they really run or have very low standards might as will use aes4all to run metal slug 6 5 4 3 2 1 as the run the same as this on cdr..

are you playing having a laugh or for real

metal slug 6 running from a cdr

This is jerky mess like stop start slide show you cant be for real are you..
Stop start stop start .. You want all of them converted like this
what for yard art drink coasters there not play-able..

metal slug 6 running from no mod serial port $15 play all plays most homebrew

Smooth only a few stop starts just watch the birds fly away perfect smooth..
constant framerate

SD card is real media . You need one cdr for 2 secs to boot the loader..

Is this the same people that believe in the flat earth ?

CDR = too slow seek speed.. Gdrom real disk is much faster it's not a cdr..

Setting it up is as easy as plugging the reader in the back and download a pack format the dam card burn the loader disk play them all..

I want it on real media... THE SD card is real media what do you think switch and nintendo ds real media comes on..

You still need a cdr to boot the reader ether is 100% real media..Not correct for a dreamcast the only correct format is gdi and GDROM disk..

Make a cover stick an SD card in each nothing difffrent from that then a cdr both are not correct for a dreamcast..

You do know a cdr was never meant to work on dreamcast and is what helped kill it in the market when it was cracked..

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#139 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:45 am

Smasht the nail on this

le fine sire

HeadHunter
shadow

Post#140 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:22 am

Nobody for real play from cdr, this is just for collecting purposes. I just like to have the game on the shelf, but if it doesn't boot it feels bad for me for some reason. I have an almost complete collection of pal license games for Dreamcast, and adding new extra games made by hand is a great opportunity. And by the way, the only one that looks unplayable is Metal Slug 6, I literally was impressed how Dolphin Blue works from a cd.