Any idea why NONE of the Atomiswave games are working on my GDEMU?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

livingonwheels
lithium

Any idea why NONE of the Atomiswave games are working on my GDEMU?

Post#1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Official GDEMU
In the pictures below, 75 - 79 are Atomiswave games
Unsupported Disc / Empty Folder
Attachments
DSC01216.JPG
DSC01217.JPG
DSC01215.JPG
DSC01213.JPG

Punx2511
lithium

Re: Any idea why NONE of the Atomiswave games are working on my GDEMU?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Have u got image_tests = 0 in ur ini file?

Punx2511
lithium

Post#3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:28 pm

livingonwheels wrote:Official GDEMU
In the pictures below, 75 - 79 are Atomiswave games
Unsupported Disc / Empty Folder

Did u use sd card maker to put the games on the card?

livingonwheels
lithium

Post#4 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:36 pm

I've never use sd card maker for as long as I've had the GDEMU. I've had it for years, back when it was first released. I did try sd card maker once a few years ago, and it deleted most of my games that were on the sd card, so I never used it again. I've heard that it's not unusual to lose all your games unless you start from scratch. I could try it again, but this time move all the contents of my GDEMU sd card safely to my pc first.

Punx2511
lithium

Post#5 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:42 pm

livingonwheels wrote:I've never use sd card maker for as long as I've had the GDEMU. I've had it for years, back when it was first released. I did try sd card maker once a few years ago, and it deleted most of my games that were on the sd card, so I never used it again. I've heard that it's not unusual to lose all your games unless you start from scratch. I could try it again, but this time move all the contents of my GDEMU sd card safely to my pc first.

Yeah definitely back them up first just in case, that'll be why they aren't showing in ur gdmenu though and also make sure u have the image_tests = 0 in ur ini file on the root of ur sd card. Hope u get it sorted without any hiccups :D

aldair
Metallic

Post#6 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:05 am

Are you using GDEMU_SD 1.10?

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qmbjh6p9u ... 8.zip/file

livingonwheels
lithium

Post#7 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:35 am

Thank you, the SD Card Maker version could be my issue. I'm on V1.04

ss9918
noob

Post#8 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:51 pm

Hello, I've been unable to get these to work. I am using the card manager with proper formatted card and and no shrinking. All of the atomiswave games are booting into the DC bios other normal games are working fine, any suggestions?

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#9 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:27 pm

ss9918 wrote:Hello, I've been unable to get these to work. I am using the card manager with proper formatted card and and no shrinking. All of the atomiswave games are booting into the DC bios other normal games are working fine, any suggestions?

Add "image_tests = 0" (no quotes) in GDEMU.INI located in the root of your sd card.

Code: Select all

INI file:

A simple text INI file can be put into root folder of the SD card to modify some of the GDEMU default settings. The file should be named GDEMU.ini.

IMPORTANT: Settings are read during SD card detection phase, so changing the card will result in GDEMU re-reading them again. This way it is possible to have different settings per card. If no INI file is found, the previous values will remain in effect.

Available settings:

open_time = N
Where N is natural number in range 150 to 5000, expressed in miliseconds. Defines how long GDEMU will idle with “lid open” status presented to the console after image change. Default is 500ms.

detect_time = N
Where N is natural number in range 150 to 5000, expressed in miliseconds. Defines how long GDEMU will idle with “busy” status presented to the console after image change. Default is 250ms.

image_tests = B
Where B is 0 (disabled) or 1 (enabled). If disabled, image integrity tests will be relaxed to allow oversized media. Note that correct operation is not guaranteed with such images. Default is enabled.

high_speed = B
Where B is 0 (disabled) or 1 (enabled). If enabled, GDEMU will transfer data from SD card in high speed mode . Note that this is an experimental option and might not work properly. Default is disabled.

reset_goto = N
Where N is natural number in range 0 to 9999. If enabled (N > 0), GDEMU will switch to image number N when it detects system reset. Default is disabled.

read_limit = N
Where N is natural number in range 600 to 1250 (in KiB/s), or 0 to disable and -1 for automatic limit. If enabled (N <> 0), GDEMU limits media read speed to better match actual GD-ROM drive. The automatic setting will only affect games that need it. Default is auto.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#10 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:47 pm

Hello,
I recently swiched from gdemu clone 5.15 to a 5.20 clone, I'm using the same SD cards that worked like a charm on mi 5.15 clone, but now I'm struggling a bit, solved the SD extender loose, changed my .ini file, updated the SD. But now I realised that my atomiswave gdis are not working, they just show a black screen.
I don't know what to do now, my .ini file goes like this right now:

open_time = 500
detect_time = 250
reset_goto = 1
image_tests = 0
read_limit = 0