Any idea why NONE of the Atomiswave games are working on my GDEMU?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Any idea why NONE of the Atomiswave games are working on my GDEMU?

Post#11 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:04 pm

Dr Sabroson wrote:Hello,
I recently swiched from gdemu clone 5.15 to a 5.20 clone, I'm using the same SD cards that worked like a charm on mi 5.15 clone, but now I'm struggling a bit, solved the SD extender loose, changed my .ini file, updated the SD. But now I realised that my atomiswave gdis are not working, they just show a black screen.
I don't know what to do now, my .ini file goes like this right now:

open_time = 500
detect_time = 250
reset_goto = 1
image_tests = 0
read_limit = 0

change read_limit to read_limit = -1 or just delete that line and see what happens.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#12 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:56 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
I recently swiched from gdemu clone 5.15 to a 5.20 clone, I'm using the same SD cards that worked like a charm on mi 5.15 clone, but now I'm struggling a bit, solved the SD extender loose, changed my .ini file, updated the SD. But now I realised that my atomiswave gdis are not working, they just show a black screen.

open_time = 500
detect_time = 250
reset_goto = 1
image_tests = 0
read_limit = 0

change read_limit to read_limit = -1 or just delete that line and see what happens.

Nothing changed, the only one wich for some reason works is Knights of Valour, worked before and now deleting read_limit = 0
I did not try all of them but like 15 so far and only Knights of Valour worked, and all of them worked in 5.15 clone.
Also I have DCdigital forced to VGA or cable detect and no changes between them, if its a 480p/480i issue

Thanks for your help MoeFoh

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#13 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:07 pm

Dr Sabroson wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

open_time = 500
detect_time = 250
reset_goto = 1
image_tests = 0
read_limit = 0

Nothing changed, the only one wich for some reason works is Knights of Valour, worked before and now deleting read_limit = 0
I did not try all of them but like 15 so far and only Knights of Valour worked, and all of them worked in 5.15 clone.
Also I have DCdigital forced to VGA or cable detect and no changes between them, if its a 480p/480i issue

If you have an extra sd card, you could make an openmenu card of just the atomiswave titles: https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14277 Do not change anything on the card once the files are extracted - it's pre-configured to boot from the Dreamcast.

If it works, the we know the issue is something in your build on your sd card.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#14 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:11 am

MoeFoh wrote:
Dr Sabroson wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

If you have an extra sd card, you could make an openmenu card of just the atomiswave titles: viewtopic.php?t=14277 Do not change anything on the card once the files are extracted - it's pre-configured to boot from the Dreamcast.

I'll try it later when I have time and let you know

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#15 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:23 am

MoeFoh wrote:
If you have an extra sd card, you could make an openmenu card of just the atomiswave titles: viewtopic.php?t=14277 Do not change anything on the card once the files are extracted - it's pre-configured to boot from the Dreamcast.

Copied everything on a freshly formatted Micro SD, it doesn't boot: just the Dreamcast bios and SEGA logo and then black screen.

EDIT:
If important: I'm in card manager V1.3.3 and open menu (12-5-21_alpha2)

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#16 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 am

Dr Sabroson wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
If you have an extra sd card, you could make an openmenu card of just the atomiswave titles: https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14277 Do not change anything on the card once the files are extracted - it's pre-configured to boot from the Dreamcast.

Copied everything on a freshly formatted Micro SD, it doesn't boot: just the Dreamcast bios and SEGA logo and then black screen.

EDIT:
If important: I'm in card manager V1.3.3 and open menu (12-5-21_alpha2)

Try again, except extract the GDMENU version to a freshly formatted card: https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14277

I'm not sure how much openMenu has been tested with the 5.20.x firmware. You may be in new territory. My gdemu is 5.15.

sonik has a new TEST version of Card Manager: https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardManager/releases
- Charles Bukowski

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#17 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:09 am

MoeFoh wrote:Try again, except extract the GDMENU version to a freshly formatted card: viewtopic.php?t=14277

I'm not sure how much openMenu has been tested with the 5.20.x firmware. You may be in new territory. My gdemu is 5.15.

sonik has a new TEST version of Card Manager: https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardManager/releases

Worked pefect with GDMENU version, so it seems an issue with openmenu.

I love openmenu but I'm not sure about traying the test version with my 512GB SD with 706 games, too much work if messing up.

What do you thinK?
Thanks a lot