Fist of the North Star (JP) / Hokuto no Ken

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

qupe75
photon blast

Re: Fist of the North Star (JP) / Hokuto no Ken

Post#111 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:15 pm

TruREALigion wrote:Question: Whats the point of people trying to play these "ports" on emulators (ie. redream). Couldn't you have just used things like Demul and emulated atomiswave games straight?

And while its nice to have custom DC covers... what is the point of this as converting these games to CDI, burning and playing off a CD-Rom will most likely cause more bugs as Atomiswave never ran on discs?

Some people want all their collection in one place not across several consoles. Yes they could play them in Demul but if they're there for Redream which is a lot easier to use for most then why not?

Plus some people can only capture footage via an emulator.

I own a Dreamcast but no GDEMU. These are excellent extras, eventually I'll try them on my actual console and compare.

Each to their own I guess.

limwer
noob

Post#112 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:35 pm

TruREALigion wrote:Yes... use DD.exe and the code taken at beginning of thread to patch your track03.iso. DD.exe file is in the Metal Slug 6 thread I believe.

Thanks a lot :D

nonosto
undertow

Post#113 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:03 pm

THX very much for this update, run perfectly witth DC USBGDROM.

gelcila
rebel

Post#114 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:21 am

Still freezing just before attract mode, via serial port.
But no crash beyond that. The game is perfectly playable, you just can't watch the intro.

abee263 wrote:i've play latest gdi of this game using gdemu clone, and found this glitch/bugs (maybe)
when using raoh, his one hit kill special move triggered the glitch
sometimes just glitches his character sprite and the game still running, or sometimes glitches his caharacter sprite and game is freeze

I also had problems with sprites the first time I played the first version of gdi.
The character has already started the fight with corrupted sprites and lasted the entire fight.
After that, in the following fights and until today, no sprite problem occurred ...
But in this last test with the new track04, again in the first fight, the sprites were corrupted. From the second fight on, the game behaved normally.
But at no time has there been a freeze beyond what has been happening, before attract mode.
Apenas um amante de jogos antigos...
Obrigado a todos que contribuem para manter a nostalgia. \o/

qupe75
photon blast

Post#115 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:32 am

There is a small guide for some of the game over here for people like me who aren't great at fighters but like them

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Fist_of_the_North_Star_(arcade)/How_to_play

Sorry had to edit as link didn't work fully.

kubbie
shadow

Post#116 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:27 am

Thanks for sharing the release.

sidnei55
rebel

Post#117 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:50 am

New Test update
11/20

Works Perfect GDEmu Clone
64GB Sandisk

mathieulh
lithium

Post#118 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:55 am

I still have a freeze on Mamiya stage on the latest version, I am using a SD card on MODE.

Wesker
dark night

Post#119 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:21 am

mathieulh wrote:I still have a freeze on Mamiya stage on the latest version, I am using a SD card on MODE.

Is it a coincidence that most freezes/lockups are happening in that particular stage? I still didn't had any issue outside of there.

trekts
dark night

Post#120 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 am

Test update:

The game froze when I loaded up the updated gdi. I powered off and powered on again and have not experienced freezing yet, especially during super moves and transitions. I will test more throughout the day, but so far so good.