Guilty Gear X

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

trekts
dark night

Re: Guilty Gear X

Post#31 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Got around to testing this one. Got through two matches and then the game froze before the start of the third match.
Last edited by trekts on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

RealGaea
shadow

Post#32 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 pm

autoNamed wrote:Thanks for this!!! But one question, what's the difference between the Atomiswave version and the native DC version?

Character rebalance similar to GGX2, making Testament and Dizzy less broken. You'll note the endings have GGX2 portraits, and was kinda of a transition before introducing the new mechanics and characters. I have good memories of this game.

Related question: is it possible to hex edit the language to English for the NAOMI converted BIN?

trekts
dark night

Post#33 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:33 pm

Another update:

this time the game froze before loading the 9th match. seems like a random lock up.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#34 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:30 am

autoNamed wrote:what's the difference between the Atomiswave version and the native DC version?

no difference, it's same game

MarkCerny
shadow

Post#35 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:18 am

megavolt85 wrote:
autoNamed wrote:what's the difference between the Atomiswave version and the native DC version?

no difference, it's same game

First of all, megavolt85, you are doing god's work, thanks a lot for your effort!!

Regarding GGX 1.5. The balance has been readjusted by enabling some of the special moves added based on GUILTY GEAR XX, and the attack button starts with P, K, S, HS only. There is no button provocation & respect.
There are no cycle bursts or aerial throws, and when you chase down an enemy, it will blow backwards, so basically the GUILTY GEAR X system is better developed, but some normal skills and Its Special Move has been changed to GUILTY GEAR XX specifications , also its own system "Gatling Select" has been added, resulting in a quite different finish.

Overall it's a lightly upgraded Guilty Gear X, with some features from XX.

nes0x
noob

Post#36 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 am

autoNamed wrote:Thanks for this!!! But one question, what's the difference between the Atomiswave version and the native DC version?

Dreamcast is the first version for the game (naomi ver.), as mention @RealGaea this version (atm 1.5)have re balance character, differences about the sound, the music tracks in arcade version (naomi and atmw) are midi processed, in dreamcast are recorded track with real guitar compositions
Last edited by nes0x on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#37 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:30 am

in many ports for provocation used start button

Nan
shadow

Post#38 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:50 am

Thanks megavolt85!
I´m very happy
My Dreramcast is alive

Metro City
lithium

Post#39 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:51 am

Thanks for games and for img, but when open with jc-gdrom-explorer-v1.6.2 it gives me an error, how can I put the 0GDTEX.PVR cover inside?

trekts
dark night

Post#40 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:54 pm

Tested on USB-GDROM. Still freezes after the eighth or ninth stage.