resets when you die

https://youtu.be/NQ6RqBt8gNU

Sent from my A5_Pro using Tapatalk

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Re: Guilty Gear Isuka

Post#32 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:27 am

Great addition to the DC library.
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

RazorX
brutal

Post#33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:13 pm

my custom cover and pvr.

Attachments
Guilty Gear Isuka PVR.zip
(52.63 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Guilty Gear Isuka PVR.png
Guilty Gear Isuka PVR.png (280.07 KiB) Viewed 7425 times

mathieulh
lithium

Post#34 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Ok, I believe I know why the reset happens (or error22 on naomi) after dying.

It seems the devs were lazy and instead of reloading the title screen properly, they just triggered a reset to reload it.

This would in effect just reload the title screen (as there is no bios animation on Atomiswave and it would boot straight to the game stored on the rom cart).

Any scores or coin count stored in sram would be kept (sram isn't cleared upon reset unless you swap the cartridge/game id changes)

To put things into perspective, "it's not a bug, it's a feature"

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#35 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Thank you!

javierv14
fire

Post#36 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:46 pm

mathieulh wrote:Ok, I believe I know why the reset happens (or error22 on naomi) after dying.

It seems the devs were lazy and instead of reloading the title screen properly, they just triggered a reset to reload it.

This would in effect just reload the title screen (as there is no bios animation on Atomiswave and it would boot straight to the game stored on the rom cart).

Any scores or coin count stored in sram would be kept (sram isn't cleared upon reset unless you swap the cartridge/game id changes)

But in Demul playing the rom once you die you get a continue screen and once you reach 0 the title screen loads
and if i am not mistaken the GDI and this Atomiswave Rom should do the same since this is a dump from the
original Atomiswave cartridge..
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-11-24 165419.jpg
Screenshot 2020-11-24 165348.jpg
Last edited by javierv14 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KAGE-008
shadow

Post#37 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:50 pm

javierv14 wrote:But in Demul playing the rom once you die you get a continue screen and once you reach 0 the title screen loads
and if i am not mistaken the GDI and this Atomiswave Rom should do the same since this is a dump from the

I ran the original AW ROM on flycast, and there is no reset bug. I think it's product of a bad decryption as someone here said.

mathieulh
lithium

Post#38 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:54 pm

javierv14 wrote:
mathieulh wrote:Ok, I believe I know why the reset happens (or error22 on naomi) after dying.

But in Demul playing the rom once you die you get a continue screen and once you reach 0 the title screen loads

Interesting, so much for my theory then. I guess we have to debug this.

javierv14
fire

Post#39 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:05 pm

KAGE-008 wrote:
javierv14 wrote:But in Demul playing the rom once you die you get a continue screen and once you reach 0 the title screen loads

I ran the original AW ROM on flycast, and there is no reset bug. I think it's product of a bad decryption as someone here said.

wait ,wait what? Flycast can load the roms? how?

KAGE-008
shadow

Post#40 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm

javierv14 wrote:wait ,wait what? Flycast can load the roms? how?

Support for the original MAME ROMs was added a long time ago on that emulator.