Ranger Mission

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Sceptre_JLRB
noob

Re: Ranger Mission

Post#51 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 am

First of all, THANKS SO MUCH @megavolt85 for this new release as well as all the other ones. Your work is simply amazing and brilliant, you've become or new Dreamcast God!!! :D

Regarding the game itself, just tested it on my PAL DC via clone GDemu using a Japanese genuine DC gun. Works OK, no freezings so far. The only issue I've come to detect is that reloadings in all guns take place after every shot, instead of occurring only when the clip is empty and you run out of bullets, which would be the expected behavior. Tweaking the settings on the service menu doesn't change it. In addition, I've checked some gameplays on YouTube and gun reloading occurs after emptying the gun clip, as expected. It strikes to me that nobody has reported it so far... So, is this a bug?

On the other hand, the in-game access to the service menu is great! Being it feasible, would be nice to implement this feature on every Atomiswave-to-DC conversion, in order to change game settings on the fly. Would it be possible? (Although, afaik, changes won't be saved due to the lack of SRAM, permanent settings are introduced by injecting SRAM files from DEmul to the GDI using the DD.exe program. Right?)

shelcoof
rebel

Post#52 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:24 pm

I would never have thought to play another lightgun game on my Dreamcast!

Dream is still alive!

LeSpank
undertow

Post#53 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm

Sceptre_JLRB wrote:The only issue I've come to detect is that reloadings in all guns take place after every shot, instead of occurring only when the clip is empty and you run out of bullets, which would be the expected behavior. Tweaking the settings on the service menu doesn't change it. In addition, I've checked some gameplays on YouTube and gun reloading occurs after emptying the gun clip, as expected. It strikes to me that nobody has reported it so far... So, is this a bug?

The reload behaviour is really strange in this game. I went in to the test menu and changed the reload settings to 'auto' and (for me) it seemed to reload only at the end of the clip, not after every shot as before. This was a big improvement.

titchgamer
rebel

Post#54 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Yeah change the reloading to either auto or handgun both work ok for me.

I think its the shotgun option that causes the reloading issue but didnt test that far.

Has anyone else had issue with p2 in port 4 or just me?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#55 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:54 pm

Your plugin in both guns before you boot it up are you ? before you turn it on.. Doubt this allows any hotswaping

Sceptre_JLRB
noob

Post#56 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:15 pm

LeSpank wrote:
Sceptre_JLRB wrote:The only issue I've come to detect is that reloadings in all guns take place after every shot, instead of occurring only when the clip is empty and you run out of bullets, which would be the expected behavior. Tweaking the settings on the service menu doesn't change it. In addition, I've checked some gameplays on YouTube and gun reloading occurs after emptying the gun clip, as expected. It strikes to me that nobody has reported it so far... So, is this a bug?

The reload behaviour is really strange in this game. I went in to the test menu and changed the reload settings to 'auto' and (for me) it seemed to reload only at the end of the clip, not after every shot as before. This was a big improvement.

titchgamer wrote:Yeah change the reloading to either auto or handgun both work ok for me.

I think its the shotgun option that causes the reloading issue but didnt test that far.

Thank you for your answers. Changing to Auto makes you can shoot continuously with no reloading at all... But the clip is always full and only the first bullet is used and immediately restored. This occurs with all guns except for the submachine gun which is the only consuming bullets from the clip, and you can reload at anytime by pressing B. But why is this not happening with the rest of the guns irrespective of the reload option you choose?

I think the problem is that if you press the trigger, you shoot, but the next time you press the trigger this is erroneously detected as if you pressed the B button to reload, which is as it is intended to be. That's why the default option results in reloading after the first bullet is consumed.

javierv14
fire

Post#57 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:07 pm

Just passing by to inform that the game is working just fine on Redream
i was having issues with the dev bios i was using strange the dev bios make
the game freeze on the continue screen...

Here is the Nvram settings calibrated for use on Redream...
please use the command giving in the first post to inject the settings into the GDI

(Only For Redream users) UPDATED!!!
Fix always reloading + calibration is perfect...
nvram.zip
(177.51 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Last edited by javierv14 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeCeeSpeed
shadow

Post#58 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Nico0020 wrote:Awesome, great to see a new light gun game.

This is pushing me closer to blowing the cash on that wireless HDTV compatible light gun....
http://www.dreammods.net/lightconn.html

Anyone tried it with this? I'd assume it works fine.

Oh man, I had been viewing this for a few months already, I need to stream some Dreamcast light gun games in my "beat all the North American releases" project, but this new AtomisWave game tipped me over the edge --

-- I ordered it from him last night!

Two month lead time, though, and a very pricy proposition.

It *should* work ok with a Hanzo VGA adapter to OSSC to Elgato ... but we will see, that's a lotta links in the chain!

The VGA reader/adapter part for the LightConn should go inbetween the Hanzo and OSSC... ideally.

titchgamer
rebel

Post#59 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Your plugin in both guns before you boot it up are you ? before you turn it on.. Doubt this allows any hotswaping

Of course :)

I never hot swap controllers, Most consoles dont like it!

SEGASNK69
shadow

Post#60 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Thanks megavolt...

I don't Know this rail shooter,it looks fun wirh lightgun...

I have a wireless top gun 2 used only on pc wirh specific driver.

I play Dreamcast with an arcade stick so ,IS it possible to play wirh classique controler ?

Thanks for the fantastic Work ans all Dreamcast community...