Premier Eleven (Atomiswave 2003 Unreleased). Can we get a copy?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Premier Eleven (Atomiswave 2003 Unreleased) is for sale. Can we get a copy?

Post#81 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:05 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Yes, for sure I know it was reported at least 3 people had a dump of Chicago 1929

read the comments :)

MetalliC this is one of the three members of the team that was involved in the preservation of AtomisWave games

Ah so he was one of the people who had it? Awesome I hope he or the others can come to an agreement to release the game.

megavolt85 wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Pretty much these are the last 2 games that we could even play on the Dreamcast due to how the other remaining games use touch screen or other special controls right megavolt?

yes, if desired, it would be possible to connect a touch screen to the DreamCast, but those games that remained unported are not worth the effort

Yeah I figured the other games left besides those 2 were not worth the effort at all unless we had touch screens. I also though a touch screen might be possible since the Sega Fish Life display used it as well, but had no idea how we would even do such a thing. How would something like this even be possible? What would we have to tap into on the motherboard to utilize such a feature?

Tomleecee
lithium

Post#82 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:00 am

I went to the arcade in Southsea to have a look and even spoke to one of the engineers. He said they haven’t had atomiswave stuff for years. It was certainly a long shot but it was cool to visit an arcade in any case.

Tomleecee
lithium

Post#83 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Apologies for necro-bumping this once again. I have been in contact with several folks from Sega Amusements about the Premier Eleven cab that was photographed by Baseley0o at the arcade in Southsea. Here's a reply from Martin Riley, the International Sales Manager at Sega Amusements:

Hello Tom,

Yes, actually I was the one who placed those games into the Southsea Arcade, but it was a later than 2000.
I was the sales manager at Sammy Europe based in London at the time that we launched Atomiswave into UK. In your picture you can see the Standard modular version first launched and then the squarer box cabinet which was the deluxe version for the larger arcade.

Premier 11 was indeed a game we looked to launch in UK market and only really tested but didn’t go into wide circulation. However, I’m not 100% sure it was the only prototype. This was from either Japan or USA Sammy studios and was supposed to be an on-line version with servers in each country, but was a little before its time and wasn’t popular, or worked as planned, if I remember correctly, and in the end was never continued. So, you are right that there are very few of these cartridges around as it was never on general release in the UK.

I hope this helps.

Martin Riley
International Sales Manager
Sega Amusements International Ltd

DCTurbo
lithium

Post#84 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:18 pm

Is there any chance of a collection / group purchase organised by someone reputable?

Buying at the current price for purpose of a dump and free release is kind of a poisoned chalice - once it's out there, the collectable/resale value would instantly plummet, resulting in a large loss for a single buyer.

Stringer_bell
lithium

Post#85 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:06 am

I would contribute to this if possible.

Axel85
lithium

Post#86 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:56 am

Me too . We need another good soccer game like virtua striker ( others are junk )

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#87 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:49 am

I never understand why konami never released a international super star soccer, he did it for the gamecube. there are 3 of them.
Sega don't want about EA requests, so konami should be alone.

Hope we can have this one one day :-)

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#88 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:23 am

fafadou wrote:Hope we can have this one one day :-)

So do I ! Until then we can always play sensible soccer , also a great soccer game, either on Amiga or Genesis emulator.

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#89 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:35 am

The winning eleven bleem plays great on DC.

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#90 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:50 am

Count me in too.