KenJu

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Re: KenJu

Post#81 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:44 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Use retrodream it remembers i have shown a video using it running this on the serial port

I've tried Retrodream and I was never able to get it to work the way you described. Plus, I kinda prefer standard Dreamshell, and all of the other Atomiswave games I've tried work on it.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#82 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 am

That's up to you all of them work on retrodream i have the videos to prove it

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#83 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:58 am

Ian Micheal wrote:That's up to you all of them work on retrodream i have the videos to prove it

Didn't you say you were able to get it working in Dreamshell by making a shortcut to the desktop? I think you said to download the version from github. I did that and it did have an option to create a shortcut, but it didn't seem to do anything. There are multiple different builds on github - maybe I just used the wrong one. Do you remember which version specifically you were able to do this with?

Also, maybe the reason Retrodream didn't seem to work for me has something to do with my SD card or my adapter, or some other part of my setup.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like there's only one version on github. I wonder why it wouldn't let me make a shortcut even though it gives me that option? Also, I was mistaken in that it was actually Keith Courage who suggested creating a shortcut. I'm working on another solution - I'll update back here if it works.

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#84 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:32 am

Update: (sorry for the double post) I figured out a solution that works in the way I want it to. I had tried using the ISO loader from github to make a desktop shortcut, but for some reason it never seemed to actually create a shortcut after I'd gone through the whole process. So, I figured out an alternate way to do it - I found this website: https://mechafatnick.co.uk/2019/03/19/d ... &trackid=0
Near the bottom of that page, there's a link to a template for a desktop shortcut, which includes a guide, that you can use to make a desktop shortcut to any game you want. I did that for KenJu, and it worked! The shortcut shows up in the desktop, and the game loads every time - no need to reenter the loader address. If anyone wants to use this solution, you can just use the template I linked to, or if you want I can share the files I created - in which case, all you'd have to do is just copy the files to your SD card, and it should work right away. This method works with Dreamshell, and doesn't require you to open the ISO loader - which I think makes it more convenient. The only requirement is I think you have to be using the 0.6.6 loader, which I think is necessary for KenJu to even load at all. If anyone wants those files, just ask and I'll share them.

By the way, the loader address I ended up using was 0x8CD00000.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#85 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 pm

SInce i dont use dreamshell any ore i like retro dream which now has movie play back for each game in a window and other features i never want a short cut on destop apart from openmenu it's the best r retro menu about ..

easy simple no fuss should not be hard for a new perfect and i dont want click short cuts on a fake destop with a twitchy mouse and windows 95 looking thing.. each to his own

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#86 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:18 am

Ian Micheal wrote:SInce i dont use dreamshell any ore i like retro dream which now has movie play back for each game in a window and other features i never want a short cut on destop apart from openmenu it's the best r retro menu about ..

easy simple no fuss should not be hard for a new perfect and i dont want click short cuts on a fake destop with a twitchy mouse and windows 95 looking thing.. each to his own

Like you said, to each their own. Personally I think Retrodream is ugly. Anyway, there's no point in arguing about it - either option should work, it just comes down to preference.

I might share the files anyway, just in case someone (I'm not referring to you, Ian Michael) wants to use it later.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#87 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:33 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:SInce i dont use dreamshell any ore i like retro dream which now has movie play back for each game in a window and other features i never want a short cut on destop apart from openmenu it's the best r retro menu about ..

Do not forget RetroDream is only a loader like ISO loader, you have to use Dreamshell for using RetroDream
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#88 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:15 pm

Dreamshell loader not the interface :)

pitito
dark night

Post#89 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:11 am

How to unlock Sekisyusai and the two bonus modes
Well to unlock the password menu you must be in this menu
Captura_de_pantalla_160.png

You will have the memory with any program, and you go to the address 0x2C150DA9 (real address 0x8C150DA9), and you change the value 00 to 01 (This to launch the game as GDROM or CDI)
Captura_de_pantalla_161.png

Once done, the game will automatically go to the password menu
Captura_de_pantalla_162.png

Although the word pasword is dark, it is selectable, enter and the menu to insert codes appears
Captura_de_pantalla_163.png

Now the Codes
CCCCCCCCCCCC to time atack mode
EEEEEEEEEEEE to survival mode
GGGGGGGGGGGG to Sekisyusai
Captura_de_pantalla_157.png

Captura_de_pantalla_158.png

Only the two secret stages and ZINE remain to be unlocked

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#90 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:35 am

pitito wrote:How to unlock Sekisyusai and the two bonus modes
Well to unlock the password menu you must be in this menu
Captura_de_pantalla_160.png

You will have the memory with any program, and you go to the address 0x2C150DA9 (real address 0x8C150DA9), and you change the value 00 to 01 (This to launch the game as GDROM or CDI)
Captura_de_pantalla_161.png

Once done, the game will automatically go to the password menu
Captura_de_pantalla_162.png

Although the word pasword is dark, it is selectable, enter and the menu to insert codes appears
Captura_de_pantalla_163.png

Now the Codes
CCCCCCCCCCCC to time atack mode
EEEEEEEEEEEE to survival mode
GGGGGGGGGGGG to Sekisyusai
Captura_de_pantalla_157.png
Captura_de_pantalla_158.png

Only the two secret stages and ZINE remain to be unlocked

Thank you Pitito!!! Very nice find inside the code! ;-)

And personally very happy to read you! Hope to have the chance to chat with you again like old times :D
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Return to “Atomiswave Ports”